Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
For all you single mothers out there, how do you do it?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 2:05 am
How do you single mothers do it? Pay rent? Food? School? Utilities? How are you able to afford everything? Life?

I am so nervous about that. I am studying right now and hope to be able to get a good job when I am done, but I still dont think that I would be able to support myself and child and pay for everything on top of that.

How do you do it?

twinstar

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 2:38 am
With lots of help from family, friends, and the kindness of strangers. I mean, sure I work hard but I choose not to work full time so that I can also be there for my children. We go with less, and my children have learned to hear the word no to extras, but bh we manage. And if someone wants to give me $ to help out which happens from time to time, I smile & say thank you and graciously accept their hearts and $

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 8:15 am
no other single mothers out there?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 4:44 am
bump

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 2:35 am
Really no other single mothers out there on this board?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 3:50 am
I'll answer because you're looking for others in a similar circumstance - I worked full time and had only 1 child. I was already supporting the family while married so my financial situation only got better. My parents and siblings gave me tremendous emotional support and for a period of time my Mom watched my child from after school until I came home from work about 1 hour later. His homework was usually done by then.

Good for you for investing in your financial future now.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 9:44 am
I would NOT manage without financial support from my parents. I wish I was financially independent but I wouldn't make it. Btw that's with my masters degree. Bh I'm lucky that my parents help I only take what I absolutely need- I get no help from my ex.

nicole81

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 6:24 pm
BH I have arrangements with the schools I send to. But even though I had a masters, 2 months after I split up, I applied to a second master's program (to advance my career prospects) and for student loans in significant excess of tuition. I used the loans to pay for babysitters and cleaning help and bills while I was in school for 3 semesters, and even though I'm currently paying them off, the degree did get me a promotion and we are managing now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics