Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
SOS Recipes NEEDED noSugar, no Oil, no Salt...

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:02 am
ANYONE have any recipes that can be adjusted for:
NO Sugar
NO Oil
No Salt
I feel so stuck with side dishes.
I'm an unprocessed vegan these days and desperate for suggestions for yom tov.

ANY creative cooks...

I'm looking for veggie recipes but I also do brown rice.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:39 am
You probably thought of these or something similar- steamed vegetables with soy sauce on the side for everyone else , roasted whole sweet potatoes in foil (you can add fresh like juice and like zest on them when they are done). Kasha with onions and mushrooms (sauté them in a bit of vegetable broth), quinoa with mango, avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Fresh fruit for dessert or fruit soup. Microwaved corn on the cob. Steamed haricot verts with lemon zest and some garlic. Avocado cherry tomato salad with red onions lemon juice and cumin. Roasted beets with a bit of balsamic vinegar dressing and slices of oranges or tiny pieces of red onions and parsley. Put salt on the table so everyone can salt their own food. Hope this helps!

oliveoil

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 8:05 am
can u have coconut oil?

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 8:05 am
I have a few more ideas; grapefruit as an appetizer with sugar on the side, microwaved sphagetti squash with garlic and basil mixed in, steamed asparagaus with sesame seeds and minced ginger.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 8:23 am
I have a few more ideas; grapefruit as an appetizer with sugar on the side, microwaved sphagetti squash with garlic and basil mixed in, steamed asparagaus with sesame seeds and minced ginger.

Also just a heads up- you may taste this food and think it's not so good and can use some salt and oil. Your friend will enjoy it as she is used to eating this way!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins