Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What your saleslady wishes you knew
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
When you look through a rack of blouses, you're looking for something you like, or for your size. Any damage is a cost of doing business.

When your 4 year old does it, she's playing. She's not buying anything.

Also, when she's not close by you, she may well be in the way of other shoppers.

There's no bright line, and I surely don't expect perfection. OTOH, the woman who allowed her kids to peek and crawl under other doors while she was trying on things should be banned from every retail store in the country.

And allow me to add one to OP's list: If you let your baby put it in her mouth, buy it. I was shopping with a friend. Her baby became restless, so she picked up a baby toy from a rack and handed it to her. Baby loved it, was shaking it and rattling it and -- yes -- sucking on it. When my friend finished shopping, she put it back on the rack. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I was in the Drs office today and a lady came with her 5 kids. Her son opened the door to the exam room while I was not fully dressed. His sister came into the room also. Children do not belong where they are not supervised!

I have also experienced kids peeking under the dressing room.

Barbara

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 11:36 am
Raisin wrote:
I guess mothers of young children should shop online unless they have babysitters to watch their babies. Bad for small local businesses and the OP who may lose her job if mothers stop shopping. Good for everyone else. Oh wait, they may not have any local shops left!

Such histrionics!

If you (the universal you) cannot control your children, then yes, you should stay home. That doesn't mean that your children will not act like children, or that they will never act up. It means that you will step in when they do and, yes, if they cannot be calmed or do not behave in a reasonable period, then you should leave.

There's a difference between a child who cries at a normal decibel level, and whose parent places him in a cart, stroller, or other safe place. on the one hand, and a child who screams at high decibels while thrashing on the floor. If the latter cannot be calmed in several minutes, then leaving the store is in order.

There is a difference between a child who escapes mom and runs down an aisle, and is then captured and told not to do that, and one who is allowed to run wild through the store.

And while I have the greatest sympathy and patience for those who try, I have little but contempt for those who think that I should just put up with their kids' running wild.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 11:37 am
I have had a little boy open the curtain to the dressing room I was in. everyone got a lovely view of me in my bra. there was definitely a frum man in the store, doing some shopping. not an employee. I told the kid to get out VERY loudly. and this is why a) children should not be unsupervised in stores, and b) why stores should provide more than a curtain.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 11:57 am
Barbara wrote:
Such histrionics!

If you (the universal you) cannot control your children, then yes, you should stay home. That doesn't mean that your children will not act like children, or that they will never act up. It means that you will step in when they do and, yes, if they cannot be calmed or do not behave in a reasonable period, then you should leave.

There's a difference between a child who cries at a normal decibel level, and whose parent places him in a cart, stroller, or other safe place. on the one hand, and a child who screams at high decibels while thrashing on the floor. If the latter cannot be calmed in several minutes, then leaving the store is in order.

There is a difference between a child who escapes mom and runs down an aisle, and is then captured and told not to do that, and one who is allowed to run wild through the store.

And while I have the greatest sympathy and patience for those who try, I have little but contempt for those who think that I should just put up with their kids' running wild.

Of course parents should control their kids and stop them destroying stuff. But not going shopping when you have a newborn in case the newborn starts crying? That is taking things to extreme.

And sometimes, you HAVE to take kids shopping. Shoes, sometimes clothing can't always be bought online.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics