Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for after surgery?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 5:55 pm
my sister is having major abdominal surgery soon and I'd like to get her something nice to let her know I'm thinking of her. any ideas of what would be appreciated?

21young

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:52 pm
So sweet of you to think of it! I had abdominal surgery this year and my sisters sent me a huge box of chocolates from a really expensive place that I love. The gesture was totally unexpected and made me feel so loved.
The other thing they did is that they watched my kids, sent suppers, and did everything they could to make sure my family was taken care of so I could concentrate on getting better. The thing you should keep in mind is that she may not bounce back right away. I though I would go back to work a few days later, but it ended up taking me a few weeks to recover. Right after surgery you get the initial flood of offers for help, but a week or two later, when everyone thought I was better already, my sisters really stepped up.
I hope everything goes well for her.

sarahavigail

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 9:38 pm
This is really only depends on your sisters sense of humor and what type of surgery but when I had my gallbladder out my sister got me a plush one from http://iheartguts.com. it made for a great laugh :-)

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 10:17 pm
Two gifts I really appreciated that I got post surgery (from my SILs) were an amazon gift certificate, and a gift certificate to a local restaurant/take out. Both were really useful in different ways. The amazon gc I used to buy myself books etc... to entertain myself while I was recovering (took much longer than anticipated of course)

cookiejar

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 7:50 pm
depending on how close you two are, how bout a yummy pair of pajamas that she would not splurge on/treat herself to?

ROFL

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 11:01 pm
I love all the ideas , but yummy pajamas would be the best ! So would nice warm socks or a great cozy blanket!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics