Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pack n' play suggestions

nottelling

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:35 am
Does anyone have this pack n' play? pro's con's?
Any other suggestion of one that you love? It's for a newborn

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pl.....+play

Didi

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:47 am
I will answer since no one else did, If I am not mistaken almost all pack and plays are basically the same, from the picture this one has a changing table attachment and a bassinet with toy hanging bar. Having had the graco baby einstein pack and play, I love the bassinet option. I didn't feel the need to spend the extra money on the changing table part. That was my personal opinion. If you go Graco it is a good brand, just find the patern and fabric that you like. Mazal Tov!

nottelling

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 5:53 am
Thanks I just read in the reviews on Amazon something about not being able to use it without the changing table/ sleeper attachment.., I didn't really get that.
I know they are all basically the same was just wondering if there was something I should know about this one That might make me not want it

rkade10

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:02 am
I have this model. I have a newborn in a small apartment, and this pack n play has been invaluable so far (my first baby, so I don't know how this will work for us long term). You can either have the changing station and napper set up, or the flat bassinet (you can't use both at the same time for safety) and while the top attachments aren't hard to put on and take off, it's not something I would want to be doing every day -- far too annoying.

Also, the attachments can only be used till three months or so.

Just had another look at the link - I actually have the deluxe model, which has collapsible storage shelves under the flat bassinet part but is otherwise the same. For me those shelves are so worthwhile. They do reduce the pack n play's portability even more, but I just keep ours set up permanently and it's been a huge space saver and organizer.

I would recommend this model if you're looking for a pack n play that's relatively stationary, rather than something you want to switch up or travel frequently with. Ours doesnt fit through our bedroom door unless it's collapsed (I live in Israel) so it's not something I can easily take from room to room. If you need portability, it may not be worth getting the attachments. And if you do want something stationary, getting the shelf space may be worth it.

MMCH

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:47 am
I have this exact one. it is in excellent condition 4 years later.

with my first, she slept in that adorable little seat for the first 4 months, and then went down one level, and stayed there until we bought a crib.

my second, HATED the pac n play as a newborn, and gave us a really hard time with her sleeping habits... but ironically now at 19 months sleeps in the pac n play bc she likes it better than the crib!

mha3484

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:09 am
I have the chicco one and it was a big waste of money. Neither of my children slept well in it. I think it's the mattress. It's much much thinner then a crib. If you can borrow for a few weeks I would.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics