Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Types of Special Ed jobs in Baltimore

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:08 pm
I am a SEIT/ SETSS provider in the NY area. We are contemplating moving to Baltimore. I know there are no SEITs in Maryland. Does anyone living in Baltimore know the other special ed therapy options? I really don't want to go back to classroom teaching.
I assume young kids can get early intervention? Is there any type of special Ed therapy for preschool kids? I'd love to know my options!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:38 pm
SHEMESH in Baltimore goes from school to school offering services, not a typical classroom teaching, if you davka want to look for a "frum" job...

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:13 pm
I don't specifically need a job in a frum place. I just want to know what kind of special Ed services are offered.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:24 pm
In the public schools in the area, small groups of children who need special education services are pulled out together for (I think) 45 minute sessions. It's not a classroom, but it's not quite one-on-one either. There are children who have a one-on-one in the classroom but I don't know the training/role of those providers - they may not be special educators and are just there to keep the child safe.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:25 pm
Look at Kennedy Krieger for examples http://www.kennedykrieger.org/

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:21 pm
Baltimore city and baltimore county public schools hire special educators as part of their home based early intervention. My son got a special educator through baltimore city. (Ages 0-3). While many frum ppl live in baltimore city, there is also a huge inner city of baltimore city so if you get a job with them you might need to travel to less desirable locations. We also have head start programs which I assume hire special educators. Frum ppl dont usually go to head start so I dont know much about them.

draiz

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
I am a SEIT/ SETSS provider in the NY area. We are contemplating moving to Baltimore. I know there are no SEITs in Maryland. Does anyone living in Baltimore know the other special ed therapy options? I really don't want to go back to classroom teaching.
I assume young kids can get early intervention? Is there any type of special Ed therapy for preschool kids? I'd love to know my options!
Anyone have any more specifics for this question?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jun 07 2016, 3:25 pm
BUMP

OP, did you find out more? Anyone know about EI in Baltimore?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating