Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Toys/games for 8 year old that are played sitting down
Previous  1  2

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:14 pm
Do you subscribe to Mishpacha? I use their Junior hotline as a before bed wind-down activity with my younger kids. Maybe that would keep her mind busy as her hands are busy making all these amazing crafts that have been suggested!

Bruria

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:18 pm
For an 8 year old, how about Monopoly, or game of Life?Clue is also fun, chess, checkers..

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:19 pm
Teach her how to crochet. If you don't know how there are videos, or maybe someone that knows how can teach your DD. It's very therapeutic, and she will have fun and be proud of using her creations

mfb

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:10 pm
debsey wrote:
Do you subscribe to Mishpacha? I use their Junior hotline as a before bed wind-down activity with my younger kids. Maybe that would keep her mind busy as her hands are busy making all these amazing crafts that have been suggested!

If she's interested in hotlines there's also a brachos hotline, and wonderwords. (They have stories, contests...)

junam

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:12 pm
Is the mishpacha junior hotline available in Israel?

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 5:09 pm
We're leaving in a few minutes. We do not get Mishpacha Junior. She does like wonderwords though. We have spot it. I'll see what I end up getting in Walmart- I'll have her help me choose. Thanks.

STovah

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:29 pm
I second the suggestion for crocheting, or you can get her a hook rug or needlepoint. She will make something that she will be really proud of.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children