Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me find a top for this skirt

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:39 pm
what kind of top would you wear with this skirt? for shabbos. I have a long torso and the skirt sits on my hip, so the top has to be long enough to cover.
thanks

https://www.jcrew.com/womens_c.....0.jsp

newmom1987

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:47 pm
Nice skirt. I would wear this with a white button down shirt tucked in, like in the picture. You want something to cover the top of the skirt though?

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:52 pm
newmom1987 wrote:
Nice skirt. I would wear this with a white button down shirt tucked in, like in the picture. You want something to cover the top of the skirt though?

JCrew has nice flattering cardigans that end at the hip. I would wear a black one.

imokay

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:13 pm
You can also add a 3rd (solid) color such as burgundy for the top for a nice effect.
I don't know your aesthetic but doing a quick google shopping search , I saw a nice fitted sweater, as well as a crop top or blouse option.

monseychick

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:19 pm
White sleeveless shell with black blazer

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 6:09 pm
http://www.nyandcompany.com/ny.....0001/

mommyofd1

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 6:40 pm
white blouse and colored or black blazer

Twinster

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 6:50 pm
I would do a simple black top with a pop of color - like a scarf, belt, big necklace etc.

Colors I would go with any fall color - like rust, burgundy, deep green/mustard etc.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:14 pm
newmom1987 wrote:

OP here, I look terrible in button downs, and tucked rarely works for me either. so yes, I shouldve mentioned, something to cover the top of the skirt

rachel91

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:16 pm
Tucked in would go with this skirt, but since you're wearing it on your hips, it would be trickier.

So I would go with a (nicer) black or white blouse (tucked in) and long-ish colored (any fall color, but I was thinking about mustard or cobalt blue) blazer, you could even go with a colored blouse and blazer, lets say mustard yellow colored blouse/ shirt and cobalt blue blazer, I see that it could work in my mind, but you will have to see in real life, since it's often different.

If a blazer is too much for you, you can always go with a nice black (or any color actually) sweater/top/blouse, that doesn't have to be tucked in, but I would pair it with a big colored necklace.

Look in zara online store, you might find something there

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:26 pm
OP here
thanks for all of the ideas. I'm leaning towards finding a black sweater, and adding a necklace. I'm so bad at accessorizing that I dont even think of it, so thanks for the suggestion!
and maybe a stupid question that will expose my complete lack of style...does the necklace not have to match? I can really just pick any color?

rachel91

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
OP here
thanks for all of the ideas. I'm leaning towards finding a black sweater, and adding a necklace. I'm so bad at accessorizing that I dont even think of it, so thanks for the suggestion!
and maybe a stupid question that will expose my complete lack of style...does the necklace not have to match? I can really just pick any color?

I would even prefer one with a few different (fall) colors in it.

rachel91

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:35 pm
http://www.zara.com/us/en/woma......html

Look at a few of the colored necklaces in the link above, that is what I meant

Twinster

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
.does the necklace not have to match? I can really just pick any color?

Sure you can! You don't have to match; you have to coordinate and make sure that the complete outfit looks good.

Maya

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:55 pm
You can do a solid yellow or mustard top. I've seen that done a lot this past season, the black white and yellow look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics