Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How has imamother helped you?

flmommy

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 8:50 pm
I posted that I got some great new recipes for meat this year. How has imamother helped you? Please only list POSITIVE things.

potatoes

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 8:53 pm
Got an awesome honey cookie recipe!

sequoia

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 9:08 pm
Knocked some sense into me in a situation where my IRL friends were unsuccessful.

gittelchana

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 9:44 pm
Momentary relief from real life responsibilities.

Maya

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 10:19 pm
It has opened my heart and mind to the real world, and that has been good for me.

mommyla

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 10:33 pm
It got me through years of IF, and keeps me entertained and up-to-date with new recipes.

monseychick

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 10:41 pm
I found out about so many sites like Khanacademy and coursera and edx.org. As well as freelance websites and computer bootcamps . It has helped parnosa a lot.

A few very generous ladies also helped me when I was really bad off,

Mi Kamecha Yisroel

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 11:32 pm
great recipes

fun entertainment

awesome table conversation with other women who are on this site. nothing like discussing an online debate in real life.

found out about medical things to be on the lookout for

made me more open minded

great book/tv show recommendations

they email out some pretty neat organizational booklets before yom tov

I met a real life friend through imamother

get news info

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:41 am
It has helped me in so many ways. 1) If I feel lonely, I know I can always come to imamother to "see" other women and hear their stories. 2) I often get helpful answers to questions 3) Years ago when I was feeling so depressed that it was scary, some kind imamothers were right there with soothing words to help me through the tough times. I haven't even mentioned all the special ways that individual imamother friends have helped.

morningsickness

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:05 am
Humor

Woman power

Medical info- whether it's abt. pregnancies, nursing, birth control or weight loss

Inspiration

Great recipes

sneakermom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 10:02 am
Found support.

Great networking.

Learned about lots of things. From recipes to parenting tips to mental health issues to heimeshe zex 101. Very Happy

Connected me to diverse Jewish woman all over the world. And made me realize that when it all comes down to it - we are one.

And finally. It's a great diversion when I need a break from the pressures of life.

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 11:55 am
This is a great thread that belongs in a section where imamother is enabled. How could someone say it helped with infertility or an OTD child or whatever?

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:02 pm
On the days that I have to do paperwork and desk-work - it makes me feel less chained without human interaction. It's almost like having co-workers to chat with at a water cooler!

The recipes are great.

The hugs are nice.

I've gotten feedback on things (mostly that I posted as amother) that were very helpful.

And recently, I've enjoyed the fashion advice!

flmommy

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:14 pm
I should have posted this in an another enabled section you are right. I don't see a way to edit it now. My apologies!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:44 pm
I'm somewhat isolated due to my disabilities and the fact that I can't drive, this has really helped me keep in touch with the outside world.

I've been able to talk to people about making Aliyah, about special needs kiddo, and of course, the recipes!

I've been able to give support and advice to women who have mental health challenges, which for me is very rewarding. I don't want to think I'm going through all of this for nothing. Wink

Overall, Imamother has made me a more well rounded, more compassionate and understanding person. I think I can honestly say that this board has made me a better person, and that is priceless. Very Happy

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:46 pm
flmommy wrote:
I should have posted this in an another enabled section you are right. I don't see a way to edit it now. My apologies!

Ask a mod to move it.

Fave

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 8:22 pm
Learned to appreciate my life - as my problems are minor compared to the the challenges other posters are facing.

flmommy

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 11:06 am
Now in an amother enabled section!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 11:09 am
Allowed me to reach out about issues I never would talk to people about IRL. Issues ranging from IF, shalom bayis, addiction (of a family member), and others.

I got great ideas, advice, and support.

Ashrei

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 11:54 am
Very validating to realize I'm not alone in a lot of my frustrations...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics