Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift idea for domestic, old fashioned, MIL

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 8:55 am
My MIL recently did a huge favor for us, and we will be there for part of sukkos, so I'm trying to think of a gift, but coming up blank.

Budget: $50 or below

She is about 60, very domestic and old fashioned, in a quaint way. Her house is decorated with millions of tiny antique thingies.

She had a dishwasher and a microwave for over a year before she could bring herself to use them- she does not embrace technology! They don't have a computer, cell phone, or answering machine/voicemail. A digital picture frame would be so nice, but she doesn't like things that need electricity, unless they're absolutely necessary!

She has all the serving pieces and home decor things a person could want in 5 lifetimes.

She loves baking challah, so I thought of that challah-dough-cover that I see in Judaica stores (for when the dough is rising), but I did some spying, and she has one.

Her hobbies are saying tehillim and cooking/baking. She has lots of tehillims and loads of kitchenware. Her children gave her nice collages of the grandchildren pretty recently. She makes her own picture frames, or finds them at thrift/antique stores, so a photo in a picture frame would be a silly gift.

Any ideas? Thank you!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:01 am
a family picture made into a clock?

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:05 am
something for herself? Jewellery? Perfume? clothing? accessories? Or a cookbook? another tiny antique thingie? (she must like them!)

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:55 am
just found this on groupon. Its a Customized Collage Blanket. http://www.groupon.com/deals/c.....-york
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics