Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help my baby nap!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 11:19 am
My very active baby is bh almost ten months old.
He refuses to nap! And boy does he need it. He gets super cranky and kvetchy and it does no good for either of us if he doesn't sleep.

I put him in his crib and he starts screaming instantly. While he sleeps in there beautifully at night, when it comes to naps he's not having it. I've tried CIO, self soothing, etc, but he WILL cry for an hour non stop.
I've tried taking him on long walks in the stroller, tiring him out beforehand, ect, but it's like he thinks he'll miss something if he goes to sleep.

The only time he will nap is while I'm nursing him and he falls asleep. If that happens I can't put him down cuz then he will wake up so I'm out of commission for that time. Sometimes he will sleep in my bed for a nap, but then I have to nap with him and if I get up he will wake up. I don't want him to get into that habit.

Any tips would be much appreciated :-)

wife2

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:04 pm
can you nurse him to sleep on a low thin mattress (like a cot mattress) on the floor in a bedroom so he can stay sleeping without you having to transfer him? Make sure it is safe and there is nothing dangerous near the mattress if he rolls off

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
My very active baby is bh almost ten months old.
He refuses to nap! And boy does he need it. He gets super cranky and kvetchy and it does no good for either of us if he doesn't sleep.

I put him in his crib and he starts screaming instantly. While he sleeps in there beautifully at night, when it comes to naps he's not having it. I've tried CIO, self soothing, etc, but he WILL cry for an hour non stop.
I've tried taking him on long walks in the stroller, tiring him out beforehand, ect, but it's like he thinks he'll miss something if he goes to sleep.

The only time he will nap is while I'm nursing him and he falls asleep. If that happens I can't put him down cuz then he will wake up so I'm out of commission for that time. Sometimes he will sleep in my bed for a nap, but then I have to nap with him and if I get up he will wake up. I don't want him to get into that habit.

Any tips would be much appreciated :-)

I feel for you OP and am going crazy myself. I am on computer half the day becc of it and my house falling apart. My 4th k''h and he barely even sits in the carriage.
I have same exact issue. I didn't even bother trying the crib yet. I am so exhausted and full of aches and pain in my back and legs. In middle of the night if I unlatch him so I can go to the bathroom he usually wakes up. Any tips??? #(5 mnths old)

smss

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 2:41 pm
is it possible he's overtired by the time you put him down? at that age babies actually sleep BETTER when they're not overtired- like, if you're tiring him out he'll have a much harder time settling down. a 10 month old can probably do max 3 hours of awake time before needing a nap- I would start trying to settle him down when he's been up for like 2hrs 45min.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics