Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which double carriage do you recommend?

Yiddishefroi

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:39 pm
I know that the city mini is very common as well as the mountain buggy double
. What are the pros cons ??

Rainbows613

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:08 pm
We looked extensively into comparing these 2.. We bought the Mountain Duet in the end.. The mountain is a lot narrower than the citymini-the Mountain fits through almost any door.. the mountain seats are a little bit smaller-I have 2 girls so that doesn't bother me too much.. The city mini collapses easily and goes quite compact and would fit quite easily into any car trunk. The mountain also collapses easily but goes flat so it won't fit into a small car.. The mountain looks better with a bassinet-the stroller is designed to carry a bassinet where the city mini it looks sort of wrong-you put it on top of the seat (yes you can strip off the material but it looks weird). The Mountain handling is better-smoother and an adjustable handle.. Both are fine from new born age-the seats recline all the way back.. The price of the Mountain was cheaper than the City mini GT.. that's all I can think of for now.. feel free to ask any questions

Last edited by Rainbows613 on Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

rain

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:09 pm
love my city mini gt. pushes amazingly

rachel91

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:53 pm
mountain buggy DUET
pro's

-light for a double buggy
-VERY narrow, but enough place for the kids
-easy to fold
-easy to push
-looks decent

con's

-very small bassinet( I didn't even use it for my baby then)
-on the more expensive side( I bought it when it was new on the market, the price now is propably less)

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 7:01 pm
The citi mini seats are quite a bit larger than the duet's. However, the stroller itself is a lot wider than the duet.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 7:22 pm
Two more cons of the Mountain Buggy Duet : 1) the rubber on the handle tends to tear easily, often within the first few weeks, and it is not covered under the warranty.
2) the tires need to be replaced extremely often. Even if you do buy better replacement tires at a local bike shop, I'd recommend you purchase (at an additional cost) puncture proof tires from Mountain Buggy, which obviously will increase the cost of the stroller.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics