Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bathroom issues

amother

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 4:38 pm
please dont criticize! I have ds 6 yrs old and a baby, so its one male except dh. the bathroom I mean the toilet itself always always always stinks from urine. I know its from ds. bec I remember before he was trained it didnt smell. I always have this smell now. I can t stand it. I try cleaning the toilet with bleach every now and then and it helps al little. not much. what should I do? all advice accepted. please I am at wits end. I am so nauseated. :(

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 5:12 pm
remove the toilet seat, bleach the area where the toilet seat attaches to the toilet. bleach the hinges of the seat. bleach the seal around the base of the toilet. make sure to clean the wall behind the toilet. if your toilet seat is wood, get a new one.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 5:46 pm
There's no easy solution; you have to keep cleaning because your son keeps sprinkling. Spray the area with plain vinegar, or with a solution of baking soda in water,let set briefly, and wipe off. Do this as often as necessary; at least daily. (Yes, I know it's a pain, but then so is changing diapers.) Pay especial attention to the floor around the toilet, the underside of the seat, the hinges, and the screws where the seat attaches to the toilet.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 5:49 pm
oh, also, aiming advice. have your son stand facing the toilet, bent forward so his hands hold the top of the upturned toilet seat. assuming his height is average, that should produce perfect aim every time. no hand/eye coordination problems.

granolamom

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 6:01 pm
all of the above. and make sure your ds isnt sprinkling in other areas (vents, heater, shower, towels, garbage can, etc), if he is you've got to clean those areas too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry