Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby Bug!!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 2:34 am
Hi everyone! I need your help. my 11 month old son started formula when he was 8 months old. After being on it for 2 weeks he started having terrible diarrhea for 4 weeks straight. We took a stool test and it came back normal. So we put him onto soy formula. He was doing great on it for 6 weeks, but now since last thursday he's been having TERRIBLE diarrhea for 10 days already. a few times a day. I don't think it's anything related to the diarrhea he had last time because the second we took him off dairy he was fine. My doctor told me there's a bad stomach virus going around here (in Israel) and we're sending in a stool test again. I'm sure all mommies here have loads of experience with baby bugs..was wondering what u can tell me about it..how long it can last..etc..thanks!!

chani8

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 2:53 am
10 days is way too long. Sounds bacterial to me. When I had a child with something like that, we didn't even bother with a stool test. The doctor just gave some kind of syrup (against bacteria) and it stopped immediately. Insist your Dr give you something!

If your doctor isn't helpful, speak to the pharmacist. Maybe he has something to offer. I've used pepto chewables to stop the diarrhea and probiotics to get the tummy heal itself. But those take time. Too much time, when you're dealing with a bad case.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 3:09 am
May I ask what the diarrhea was like when your child had it? My sons is awful smelling and looking, and need to change him from head to toe few times a day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics