Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
When to apply for kindergarten- Brooklyn

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 2:56 pm
I know you have to apply right after succos, but does that mean I get the application before and send it in right after succos? Or do I call the school for an application after succos?
I want to apply as soon as possible so that maybe my chance of getting my daughter into school will be slightly higher..

mfb

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:04 pm
You might want to specify which school so that you'll get answers

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:07 pm
BYA, Bnos Yisrael, BY 18th Ave. I heard that thay are all very hard to get into, especially if you dont have pull..

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 3:49 pm
Call isru chag sukkos for an application

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:00 pm
Make sure to apply to other schools too. Do not only apply to those if you don't have pull. no matter how early you apply it's likely that your application will not even get looked at if you don't have an older daughter in the school or no pull.

bookie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:
Make sure to apply to other schools too. Do not only apply to those if you don't have pull. no matter how early you apply it's likely that your application will not even get looked at if you don't have an older daughter in the school or no pull.

This if you dont have pull you must apply to other schools. Also I would call tomorrow. Some years they send out applications before succos.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:52 pm
I am also applying for kindergarten this year.

Firstly, I agree that the 3 schools you chose are extremely difficult to get into. Especially 18 th ave and Bnos Yisroel. Both have one class per grade and always siblings, alumnae, then pull. If you're the child/grandchild of a huge Rav, you may be in luck...

Either way, definitely call all of them tomorrow for applications. I called a few schools and already got applications save for one which is not sending out until after sukkos.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics