Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nursery in far rockaway

unique-me

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 9:30 pm
My DC is turning 3 this January I'm looking for a nursery for next year. He is gonna be one of the older kids so looking for a good experienced morahs who don't charge an arm and a leg. Preferably licensed.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 12:38 am
Little friends gan on neilson is licensed. I was very happy there. I don't know if their are other licensed ones in far rockaway itself but there are a bunch in five towns like the JCC, chabad, I think I heard of gan ami, gan eden. I don't have experience with any of those.

unique-me

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:01 am
amother wrote:
Little friends gan on neilson is licensed. I was very happy there. I don't know if their are other licensed ones in far rockaway itself but there are a bunch in five towns like the JCC, chabad, I think I heard of gan ami, gan eden. I don't have experience with any of those.

Little friends Gan is expensive and JCC is crazy expensive. Do you have a number for Gan amj and Gan eden?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:11 am
Any licensed place is going to be expensive because of all the work they have to do to maintain their license plus you pay more for the fact that they do things correct. But then you can also deduct on your tax return because it's licensed childcare.

unique-me

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:44 pm
amother wrote:
Any licensed place is going to be expensive because of all the work they have to do to maintain their license plus you pay more for the fact that they do things correct. But then you can also deduct on your tax return because it's licensed childcare.

I've worked in a licensed childcare in Brooklyn and the prices were NOWHERE near what ppl are charging here for such short hours...

morahmommy

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:47 pm
Shana Katz is also licensed.

unique-me

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:46 pm
morahmommy wrote:
Shana Katz is also licensed.

Do you have her number and where is she located?

bookworm10

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:07 pm
Darchei happens to be cheaper than a LOT of the programs. They are licensed, have a superb program and Morahs, and a really nice building and playground.

That's what I ended up doing. It comes out to 450 a month for 9-3 with early dropoff at 8:30 included in price.

SplitPea

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:15 pm
unique-me wrote:
Do you have her number and where is she located?

Katz is 585/month for 9:30-3
Most expensive group out there but she is licensed and people love her

unique-me

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:35 pm
bookworm10 wrote:
Darchei happens to be cheaper than a LOT of the programs. They are licensed, have a superb program and Morahs, and a really nice building and playground.

That's what I ended up doing. It comes out to 450 a month for 9-3 with early dropoff at 8:30 included in price.

Are you sending there this year? Do they give a tuition cut? That price sounds good at least it's not like most of the ones I heard of that are 9-1 for almost $500.
Could you tell me some more about their program?

bookworm10

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:41 pm
That is the tuition, theres no cut. Its 4500 for the year. They charge what a normal playgroup would charge. I send to nursery and I am very happy.

I have heard of other ones being around 500 a month.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics