Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Otzar Haaretz

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:23 am
I am so annoyed right now, they made a big deal of everyone registering at Otzar Haaretz, we go and register since they said there will be 3 stores in the vacinity within a 15 minute drive. I just looked online and the closest Otzar Haaretz store is at least 30 minutes away. I am so upset. They don't answer emails or phone calls. I feel like they stole my money! Anyone have a connection that I can contact there to find out if I can get a refund??

catonmylap

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:38 am
Ask around locally if maybe there is another one..

we were disappointed that the nearest one isn't so close by, and a neighbor asked a different makolet (much closer for us) who carried it last shmita and he said he would be getting otzar haaretz produce too!

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:39 am
what is otzar ha-aretz? something shemita related?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:07 am
Yes, ours is in a totally inconvenient place, on a tiny one-way street that is impossible to park near, and that is far away from where we do the rest of our shopping.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:21 am
My problem really lies on all these small shops that carry a few items here and there are not going to let me use my otzar haaretz card, only the stores on their list. Which they change every other day!!

Sanguine

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:36 am
tovli toraspicha wrote:
what is otzar ha-aretz? something shemita related?
Are you here less than 7 years? (first shmitta?) Do you know anything about shmitta or do you want a short explanation?

Sanguine

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:43 am
Seven years ago I was going to go the Otzar HaAretz way. You were asked to pre buy coupons to use in the Shmita stores in your area. That way there would be sure to be enough supply for the demand. So I bought my coupons. Shopped in this one shmita makolet for sukkot. Then we went away for Shabbat Chol Hamoed. Came back ready to cook for simchat Torah. I just needed some vegetables. Ran to the Shmita Makolet and found out that it was closed for all of Chol HaMoed!! I became the quickest Shmitta drop out. I ran to the supermarket that had Heter Mechira. Good enough for the rabbanut = Good enough for me. This year I'm starting at Heter Mechira right from the start.

hila

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:24 am
We are lucky - so far we have 2 stores in Efrat, and Rami Levy at Tsomet Hagush who are Otsar haaretz. I was at RL yesterday and everything is very well labelled. I guess we start using our pach shmita this week !

LisaS

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:29 am
Our local makolet is otzar haaretz, but what they carry is another question. I was just thinking I need a Shmitta version of Dinners for a Year cookbook.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions