Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me find a travel destination!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:39 pm
I'm looking for a place to travel for 1-2 weeks. I'd go myself, so safety is important. I've been to a lot of exotic places, as well as many "typical" vacation spots. Right now, I'm thinking about India, Thailand, or the Amazon. I like history, which any location has, as well as adventurous trips that can include hiking, climbing, parachuting, sky diving, you name it. Any tours or locations you can personally recommend?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:48 pm
I have been to Peru and am going to Thailand soon (so I can tell you about it when I am back). I have never traveled alone (always go with my husband) and have never gone on a group tour. I have heard great things about Panama and Costa Rica. If you want to hear more about Peru (and I can tell you about where I stayed in the Amazon), let me know. How's your Spanish? Also, it's important to think about what you will be eating when you travel. I have suggestions and ideas, but it depends on how how important eating a hot meal is to you. One week is really not enough if you have to take a long flight. Try for two weeks if you can!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:52 pm
amother wrote:
I have been to Peru and am going to Thailand soon (so I can tell you about it when I am back). I have never traveled alone (always go with my husband) and have never gone on a group tour. I have heard great things about Panama and Costa Rica. If you want to hear more about Peru (and I can tell you about where I stayed in the Amazon), let me know. How's your Spanish? Also, it's important to think about what you will be eating when you travel. I have suggestions and ideas, but it depends on how how important eating a hot meal is to you. One week is really not enough if you have to take a long flight. Try for two weeks if you can!

I am fluent in Spanish. I don't need hot meals at all. I've been to Costa Rica, but not Panama.
I would be very interested to hear about where you stayed in the Amazon. Should I reveal myself to you so that you can PM me, and yes, if the flight is long I will do 2 weeks.

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:55 pm
sure, I am happy to tell you more if you want me to pm you.

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:56 pm
or you can pm me since I am no longer anonymous
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics