Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys elementary school in lakewood or surrounding area
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:31 am
I know of many many families who really wanted to get in and were unable to...

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:35 am
Just the fact that you said that the rebbeim are not from darchei means that you have your information wrong. Two of them did teach there for a few years. I really would like to know where you are getting your information from. It sounds like you have an axe to grind...

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:09 am
I send to Tashbar and I have to agree with others. It is a tough school. They are on a pretty high level academically and they really push the boys- my oldest had a difficult time as he isn't that academically inclined, b"h my younger one is doing well. They expect a LOT of the boys. When I say academically, I mean Hebrew- the English is horrible- considered one of the best in lkwd but still horrendous and obviously not important to them. Mrs birnbaum runs it well but once the boys get rebbeim it's just obviously pushed to the side.

As far as rules- they do have the longest rule book and it gets longer every year. They are the only school I know that actually sends boys home or spray paints sneakers that have a drop of color on it- not so much the younger grades but older ones definitely. Rabbi Zion's is great but expects every kid to be top top and doesn't really get out of the box kids.

Also something important about Tashbar that I was told before and I think is important to know going in. They are very strict with tuition. They won't let the boys start the new year if they aren't paid up from the previous. B"h I never experienced it but I have heard from ppl that the rebbeim have to send out the boys first day of school and they stand in the hall until the parents pay or figure something out, which is hard on the boys. I have heard it actually makes the rebbeim more sympathetic since they feel bad so that shows how great the rebbeim are! Of all my years there we had 1 bad rebbe. English teachers we have had a few but I think that's normal in lkwd English dept.

As far as internet they are very strict about it. They don't allow boys to read secular books etc so not sure it's the school for you op but there is a nice parent body. Hope that helps!
Good luck finding what your looking for!.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:42 am
I have a friend who tried to get her son into Ohr Yehuda as her first choice... but they wouldn't accept him.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:03 pm
Actually I have no axe to grind as my boys and girls are in the top school on Lakewood. Bh last name helps. And being in the top school I totally see why it is amazing and I understand why a parent would kill themselves to get in.

Also being that there is a shortage of schools in Lakewood every single school in Lakewood turns down parents even Bnos rivkah has turned down parents .

And I said that rabbi benders school is a good school it is just not the top of the top in Lakewood and you don't get that oh wow you r so lucky you send there how did you get in.

Not every school is going to be the top of the top Nd their is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean they if someone who doesn't belong there applies and can't get in that no one can get in.

There are also many people who are realistic and know they won't get into the top schools so they se smart and apply to their second choice right away.

I said from the start rabbi benders school is a good school just not the best.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:45 pm
Wow

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:56 pm
omg what the heck is the top school? bec I want to stay far away. what is with ur ego. hello??!! u don't send ur kids to a school just to brag that u got in!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:10 pm
What makes a school a top school. A school with an unbelievable menahel who takes care of each and every boys needs and doesn't only deal with boys with no issues. A school that makes sure to get good rabbeim who love children. A school that is organized and clean and that runs smoothly. A school where your boys want to go to school every day and are excited to go even in the summer and even on Sundays when their sisters are home.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:21 pm
lol maybe they just always want to go to school to get away from hyper-mom

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:46 pm
(new amother from Lkwd)

Amother-you said THE top school not A top school. So we are just wondering exactly which schools these are?

Pretty please can you enlighten us so the rest of us plebians can mourn that we are not quite so

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
Actually I have no axe to grind as my boys and girls are in the top school on Lakewood. Bh last name helps. And being in the top school I totally see why it is amazing and I understand why a parent would kill themselves to get in.

Also being that there is a shortage of schools in Lakewood every single school in Lakewood turns down parents even Bnos rivkah has turned down parents .

And I said that rabbi benders school is a good school it is just not the top of the top in Lakewood and you don't get that oh wow you r so lucky you send there how did you get in.

Not every school is going to be the top of the top Nd their is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean they if someone who doesn't belong there applies and can't get in that no one can get in.

There are also many people who are realistic and know they won't get into the top schools so they se smart and apply to their second choice right away.

I said from the start rabbi benders school is a good school just not the best.

Yikes. I love the school my girls are in, but I hope it's not the top. Not in the way you describe here, anyway. I don't need anyone to fawn over me about how I got in there.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 3:09 pm
Amother with the big name and top school. I am willing to wager that in ten years one or more of your kids will be OTD

Unfortunately , I've seen it too many times

mommyla

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 3:19 pm
"THE" top school? Wow. Hope it's not my school, I don't want people thinking I got in because of my "last name" (not a significant one, btw). Good heavens.

And "even" Bnos Rivka turns people down? What a patronizing comment. (And no, I don't send there.)

debsey

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 4:22 pm
mommyla wrote:
"THE" top school? Wow. Hope it's not my school, I don't want people thinking I got in because of my "last name" (not a significant one, btw). Good heavens.

And "even" Bnos Rivka turns people down? What a patronizing comment. (And no, I don't send there.)

agreed and agreed. wow. Ouch. this is why lakewood's system is so messed up.
A school is like a shidduch. It has to fit the kid, not the parent's reputation or desire to send to "the" top school.
I get that the poster was trying to say something nice, but the choice of words is illustrative of an attitude that needs a bit of help.
I really do think that as more and more schools open up, the bottleneck will widen and this whole attitude will fade.
My daughter goes to a school that was begging people to come the first year and now it's one of the schools you beg to get into - that's life, and that's how things go. I guess I got it "on sale!" but the key thing is - I thought it would be a good match for her and us because of a few things, and indeed it was. That's the main thing.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 5:10 pm
Naturalmom5 there is no reason to personally curse me and especially on Erev Yom Kippur. I am not mekabel and I am not Moichel you.

Bh I am a very involved mother and I deal with kids with issues so I hope iyh to be able to deal with my own kids. Thank you for cursing me and remember what you wish upon others Hashem wishes upon you.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
Naturalmom5 there is no reason to personally curse me and especially on Erev Yom Kippur. I am not mekabel and I am not Moichel you.

Bh I am a very involved mother and I deal with kids with issues so I hope iyh to be able to deal with my own kids. Thank you for cursing me and remember what you wish upon others Hashem wishes upon you.

Chas v shalom
I am not cursing you
I am only relating life experience
People who are very smug and arrogant about schools shidduchim shtellas do not have siyata d shomaya

Conversely , many Baal tshuvas who went to PS, had insanely incredible siyata shomaya and really grew in Torah .

A Gemar Chasima Tova

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 5:30 pm
And naturaom5 I was not trying to brag I only said it to prove that I have no axe to grind I would never send to rabbi benders yeshiva and neither would many people I know. I have friends there and it's a good yeshiva and I stated that originally I just can't stand that as soon as you don't think a school is great you have an axe to grind.

Why can't I just not think its the best school?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
And naturaom5 I was not trying to brag I only said it to prove that I have no axe to grind I would never send to rabbi benders yeshiva and neither would many people I know. I have friends there and it's a good yeshiva and I stated that originally I just can't stand that as soon as you don't think a school is great you have an axe to grind.

Why can't I just not think its the best school?

You said my name got me in and several posters found it very arrogant

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 6:07 pm
Well sadly that's the truth in lakewood noone gets in for their own worth and anyone who pretends to is lying

I wasn't bragging I was proving that I don't care for a new school.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 6:21 pm
So why didnt you just say I dont care for a new school, I am happy where I am? And you still never gave a source for your comments.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics