Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get poop smell and stains out of clothes

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:35 pm
I already washed off what I could, soaked in cold water with oxyclean and then cold water and vinegar (no hot water because didn't want to risk setting in the stains but will try if it's recommended) and hung outside to dry.

Still stained and smelly.

Don't want to put in machine with smell because will make other laundry smell (btdt) and doing a load with just 2 items will break the machine (btdt too).

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:42 pm
I've finally figured it out! What I do is as soon as I wash off all the poop directly from the clothes with only water, I stick it into the machine with a normal load of kids' clothes (though I avoid my own). It doesn't affect the rest of the clothes because there's nothing loose there. Or I wash it with things that can be washed at a higher temp.

A few times I washed only with water, and then just hung it up til I could do a bigger load at a later date, but it didn't seem to smell or anything, as long as I had washed it immediately after being soiled.

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:46 pm
I wasn't home the day it happened, and the person that picked her up from school that day just left it in a bag for me. didn't get to wash and soak until 24 hours later. It will make the other laundry smell, as I know from past experience.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:52 pm
Ah I hear. Yeah in that case... If it happens on shabbos for example, I just throw it out (I really can't afford to do that at all, but I find, like you do, that it's impossible to get out the stain/smell..).

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 4:28 pm
I would if it was just a pair of underwear, but it's also an almost brand new skirt and pair of tights

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 5:30 pm
truthfully I havent had a problem even with laundry waiting over 24 hours (how about first day of r"h?)

we have this:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042IYH5A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
we put on thick plastic gloves and rub the stuff off the clothing until theres nothing left and then wash in the regular laundry (sometimes a few days later- we dont do a special load for it). no stains, no smell, no other special treatment. I have not even thrown out a pair of underpants yet. (and I got PLENTY of #2 in the underwear this past summer.)

rachel6543

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 6:52 pm
When I had to clean poopy clothes I just soaked overnight in laundry detergent, Oxiclean and also I find baking soda helps. Then I use all three when washing in the machine. Never had an issue with my machine smelling from it.

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 9:56 pm
rachel6543 wrote:
When I had to clean poopy clothes I just soaked overnight in laundry detergent, Oxiclean and also I find baking soda helps. Then I use all three when washing in the machine. Never had an issue with my machine smelling from it.

You wash with hot water or cold?

The last time I did this (cold water) the entire load smelled. Even when I repeated the cycle twice more.

bracha84

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:53 pm
My daughter is causing all these problems for me and cleaning is so hard. Thanks for the ideas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry