Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
DD miserable with morning babysitter-help!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:03 pm
I leave for work at 7:15 am. I have a young woman come to take care of dd until she goes to school (2hours).

DD has been fine with her until now, but in the past few weeks has cried for at least 1/2 an hour from the time she wakes up until this babysitter can get her to even respond to her. DD keeps asking me "why does _________ have to watch me?" " Why can't you take me to school?" "why do you have to go to work?".

She asks me this all evening. DD is fine with school and with her afternoon babysitter-there are other children there her age who make a fuss over her.

DD is not a morning person. She prefers to sleep. My only other option is to wake her up, bundle her into the car and bring her to the afternoon babysitter at 7:15am. A pain when its cold out and she needs to put on a coat and hat and gloves when I need to get moving.

The morning babysitter has done nothing to dd that is causing this. I am very sure about that. She is stumped about it and feeling bad too.

This dd is a bat zekunim for me. Her older siblings are all OOT. When they come home, they watch her and she is fine with them. She even asked me if her sister can come home and stay.

Any ideas what I can do to make her happy with the morning babysitter. Bribery hasn't helped.

DH is no longer in the picture, so he can't help out either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers