Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What to wear Sukkos in Yerushalayim this year?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:42 pm
We are coming iy'h to Israel for Sukkos. I would like to know if I should bring summer or fall clothes for my kids and myself. Do you think the kids will need shorts? I am only allowed one piece of luggage per person so I am debating how to pack?

Dev80

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:03 pm
Based on the weather this week (but maybe next week will be hotter...) I would say to pack pants, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, and sweatshirts. I think I would do without the shorts and stick to pants. It is pretty chilly at night so you may want something heavy for those nights in the sukkah. Even if it's warm during midday it's been getting cooler in the evening so if your out you can put a sweatshirt on and they'll be good to go in pants

catonmylap

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 1:14 pm
The key to Yerushalayim is weather is always layers...

I wouldn't bring more than one pair of shorts a piece --- just maybe for a daytime tiyul if you know you'll get back before it gets dark and cools down. Short sleeves are fine as long as you have sweatshirts...

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 4:20 pm
While I don't leave in EY, I've been there for Sukkos several times over the last decade or so. Each time I was hoping to be able to wear at least some of my fall clothes, but could not; it was much too warm. Even at night. Didn't even need a light sweater. It did rain once which is very unusual, but it was brief. But it does vary from year to year.

kermit the frog

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 4:24 pm
Long pants, short & long sleeves and a sweatshirt

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 1:29 am
OOT Bubby this year Sukkos is in October and last year it was early September.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 2:22 am
It's been hot during the day, cool at night. My boys are still only in short sleeves during the week. Even some shorts. (They would probably all be in shorts but only one of my boys like them.)

Night is cool. Not cold. I usually sit in the sukkah with a wrap or something. I'd definitely pack sweatshirts for the kids. But I wouldn't go as far as a fall wardrobe. I would still call the daily weather this week HOT.

Dev80

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:44 am
Mrs K I dunno where you live but our succah porch is COLD at night, my husband is talking about putting in a blow heater! We are on a higher up floor though so maybe that makes a difference. This year is colder due to the leap year. I do remember a few hot succos's we had recently but I think this one will be a little nicer. (today is sunny, warm in the sun, but so beautiful in the shade! I love this weather!)

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
OOT Bubby this year Sukkos is in October and last year it was early September.

I wasn't there last year. When I was there Sukkos wasn't early, though not real late either. And I certainly don't know best; just posting my experience.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 12:09 pm
I was out just now and it's pretty cold - was wearing a long sleeve sweater over a long sleeve top and still felt the chill. I agree with catonmylap - bring clothing you can layer.

Dev80

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 3:58 pm
Not sure if you left yet but it got hot again during the day, but it still gets cool in the evening. The daytime weather is summery though (I hope it goes back to nice weather soon but this week looks like it'll be a hot one)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions