Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Light stroller

ila

Post Mon, Sep 29 2014, 1:18 pm
I need to buy a light stroller, that reclines well and will use it putting it in car and out, and would like your opinion between Maclaren quest, peg perego si, city mini and city lite, what would you choose? Thank you in advance
Wink

ila

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 5:46 pm
Bump

sbs

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:04 pm
I got the citi mini for that purpose but don't like it

it doesn't fold so small, I feel like if I want a small stroller I want it to be small,

I think the maclaren quest is better but it's much more expensive

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:09 pm
I would go with the McClaren quest.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:13 pm
I personally can't stand strollers with two separate handles- I need the option for one handed push. So think about that.

joy613

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:39 pm
I love the maclaren quest.
The only other one that I tried from your list is citi mini, which is good and probably wheels a bit better but not as compact as the quest. Or as light. So depends on what factors are most important. My quest is an old model so I don't know if they changed some features, but the thing I like the least is that I wish it would recline even more than it does. It does recline to about halfway which is most of the time good for me, but sometimes I would like for it to be more back. But otherwise I've been really happy with it.

Oh also- a silly thing but the cover of the citimini provides more sun protection than the maclaren. It doesn't go as forward as the citis. But you can always just buy a stroller sun shade.

I don't really care about the 2 handlebars vs. one bar but it does have 2. It hasn't bothered me though.

ila

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 8:52 pm
Thank you very much, great help!

poelmamosh

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:49 pm
I have the si (2009, without a bellybar) It's falling apart after 3 years of moderate use. Even when new, it did not ride well while walking briskly with a lightweight child inside (an older baby didn't have this problem), something with the balance back to front--the front wheels would hover over the ground and shake (I'd lock the front wheels and it would be smoother, but then it was hard to maneuver).

bookworm10

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:55 pm
I got the uppababy g-luxe for in and out of the car, etc. It has been great so far, but I am using it for a toddler, not a little baby so I don't know how it would do for that.

I have a citi mini double as well and though it wheels well, it is huge to fold.

rising hero

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:07 pm
bookworm10 wrote:
I got the uppababy g-luxe for in and out of the car, etc. It has been great so far, but I am using it for a toddler, not a little baby so I don't know how it would do for that.

I have a citi mini double as well and though it wheels well, it is huge to fold.

I also have the uppababy g-luxe. Im happy with mine. I have used it since my baby was 6 weeks old. Its light, folds and unfolds easily, wheels well. I dont have the others so I cant compare but I recommend it.

nycgal

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:55 am
Another vote for the uppa baby g luxe. It's very light and has great features. Wheels beautifully, easy fold, extendable sun canopy, removable seat pad, included cupholder....

2gether

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 11:11 am
Get a Yoyo!
lightest by far!

ila

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 7:10 pm
The yoyo is out of my price range, but thank you anyways, thinking about the uppababy... Keep giving your opiniony please...
Thank you all

wiki

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:03 am
Valco Snap (3 wheel or 4) is worth considering. Much lighter and smaller/narrower than a CityMini, but otherwise pretty much comparable. A little bit more expensive. Bigger wheels and basket. Great from newborn up and carseat compatible. If lightweight is your main concern, the Valco Snap is a super choice for your "primary" stroller.

Also, it pushes, folds and unfolds one-handed, and it has a carrying strap so you can carry it around zero-handed! Very useful!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 9:06 am
I got the mt buggy nano recently. I really like it it's crazy light, easy to push and can be considered hand luggage on a plane (if you travel a lot that's a major bonus) it has one bar which I like the one thing I don't like is that it requires 2 hands to fold as oppose to others but it is affordable and in my opinion a great car stroller

newly

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:47 am
Another vote for the valco Snap. It pushes really nicely and is super lightweight and compact. I have been using mine for 2 years now. The carseat sits well on the belly bar so I used it as a snap and go also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics