Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Anybody into "3 Steps" from Family First?

koalamum

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 6:50 pm
I must admit that first I read Split Ends, then I get to 3 Steps.
In general it is not as "exciting". But I do get curious to see what will happen next.
Reading about Tamar's issues, gets me nervous.
But what do you think of the Helen - Moshe - Nechama issue?
Do you like how it is turning out?
Do you think Helen should really stop seeing Moshe and rely solely on her daughter Nechama? I hope that it is not going to stay the way it turned out today.....

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 9:36 pm
Are the various threads connected?

joy613

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:04 pm
I'm getting confused reading this story. I don't like novels that are basically just two parallel stories occurring at the same time. And then at the end there will be some connection.

Having said that, I read it anyways every week because well, it's a serial and I do still like to know what's going to happen.

I'm also confused about Tamar. I still can't really figure out what she's like.

I do think Nechama is right about her perception of Moshe, I dont' like him either. but the way she's going about it is wierd.
And she treats her mom like a kid.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:17 pm
There aren't really any likeable characters, and I can't say I'm rooting for anyone. They're all kind of annoying and single dimensional.

koalamum

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:18 pm
I see no connection to the two stories yet.
I am not sure that Moshe is not so bad. I think Helen is better off being a bit pampered - even if he seems to be a bit bossy. He likes to take charge but Helen likes to be taken care of. He WAS willing to give up his home in Florida so she could be near her children. So he is taking her needs into consideration.
I think it's Nechama being bossy....and selfish...
Why is she getting her way?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:19 pm
There are too many story lines going on. I cant keep them all straight. But I will say this - I kinda wanna see Moshe take a long walk off a short pier.

koalamum

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:20 pm
"There aren't really any likeable characters, and I can't say I'm rooting for anyone. They're all kind of annoying and single dimensional."

Lol! I kind of agree!!

Levtov

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 10:34 pm
I DO think Moshe is taking care of Helen's needs. Why can't Helen live her own life? I doubt if Nechama has her Mom's interest in mind....
I, too, don't see the connections to the two parallel stories, and find little pull to the characters. Nevertheless, I always read it (the last thing in FF). Split Ends is first, although, it is getting a bit too blah....I didn't see this weeks' issue yet. Saving my reading material for Shabbos.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:29 pm
I'm confused whom I'm supposed to be rooting for and who's in the wrong and in the right in the Helen- Moshe - Nechama situation.

jeweled

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:38 pm
It's kind of dragging with the same issues for the past three months. Tamar has anxiety/depression/midlife crisis and has become a shopaholic. In the beginning it alluded to the fact that she might be pregnant but had to take blood work to determine. I hope that's not coming back. Bc if it does, why couldn't she just pos and be done with the guessing. As for Helen and Moshe,why are they even discussing marriage? They've been on a handful of dates and they're not kids. Just reading it because it's there and keep hoping it'll get better. Also, what's the 3 steps? I keep thinking there should be 3 stories going on but there are only 2.

supermama2

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 11:25 pm
I'm a bit confused on the Helen/Moshe issue. I can't tell if he's a quack or sincere. It is dragging on a bit but for some reason I anticipate a few new twists and turns or at least I hope so :-)

Levtov

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 12:46 am
I still think that Nechama is the overpowering ONE!!! don't see any connection to the two stories...yet.

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 12:00 am
Anyone else find. It bit boring? Every week I feel like get to the point already

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 1:11 am
Yeah there was a lot I liked about it but nothing significant has happened in way too long. It would be really interesting (the characters, the dynamics - a little different and interesting to me) if not for about 90% being the same sort of things happening over and over.

I'm disappointed because I liked the author's previous stories and this one really seemed promising at some point. It's just getting stale before it even reached its prime. Even if things do pick up, it might be too late to save it.

Terri

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:01 am
I like that she's dealing with real topics in a very real way-ie anxiety, addiction, codependence etc... Given the author's background in working with addicts, it makes sense.

Really don't like Nechama-strikes me as smug and self-serving; she can use therapy herself...

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:16 pm
Appreciated that there was finally some signs of movement this week, and the writing was delightful too. Great, realistic dialogue. More please!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room