Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys elementary school in lakewood or surrounding area
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
As a parent in Ohr yehudah if like to set the record straight. Brand names aside, this school is what a school should be, and more. It is built on the foundation of darchei, and holds values like derech eretz, mentchlichkeit, loving every Jew as a brother etc in the highest regard. In addition, the education, both in Judaic, extra curricular as well as secular studies is on a very high level, by any standard. The teachers and rebbeim are top of the line professionals with years of experience. Rabbi Yaakov Bender is extremely involved in the school and rabbi strickman from darchei is there on a regular basis to oversee the curriculum. My son has learn such an amazing amount of information in such a well structured way. The school also has bunnies, and birds (including a macaw!!) for the boys to care for. The have an enrichment program from second grade up for the brighter boys to keep them stimulated. Need I say more?

Is it the rabbi strickman

From netivos or

That was a really good school
We used to go to their dinners and donate even though we didn't have a child there

monseychick

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:34 pm
amother wrote:
First of all you don't know me. Second of all if you know the inner workings of the established schools you will know that an application means nothing because they are overwhelmed with phone calls that they don't even look at applications because they don't have slots for them so it's not possible.

Unless you are talking about a newer school or a person called for you that you don't even know.

But it's not possible that you got into an old established school that has no slots available without even one person making a phone call for you.

It could be that someone who knows you called for you and pushed for you and you don't even know about it. I have seen that happen before and the person going around I just got in with no pull.

GIRLS PLAY NICE OR THERE WILL BE NO SHABBOS PARTY AND NO BNOS..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 5:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
More than one person came over to my DH and said they were "surprised" by our choice of hs for DD. What was that, if not judging?

That's really sad to hear. I believe we may send to the same high school, based on posts we both made in a different thread. I know it is considered the less yeshivish school, but when I look at her classmates and their parents and look at neighbors in other schools, there is not as much of a difference as people make it sound.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:07 pm
glutenless wrote:
That's really sad to hear. I believe we may send to the same high school, based on posts we both made in a different thread. I know it is considered the less yeshivish school, but when I look at her classmates and their parents and look at neighbors in other schools, there is not as much of a difference as people make it sound.

ITA, and my DH knows this too. It's so hurtful, though, when random people second guess the choices that you made as parents, after having researched and come to the conclusion that this is the best choice for your child.

mommyla

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:29 pm
I don't know anything about high schools but I'm sure that you thought long and hard about where to send your daughters. Good for you for making the right decision! People can be stupid and should stick their noses where they belong - don't let them get to you.

One more point (I can't resist) to the lady in the "top schools" if you're still reading: I forgot to mention that my DH works (gasp!) and wears colored shirts (double gasp!) and they still took us gladly. So stop spreading your idiocy about "nobody" getting in unless they have major pull and toe each and every line perfectly.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics