Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Yaacov?

amother

Post Sat, Oct 04 2014, 11:11 pm
I'm looking for info on the school. They are in brooklyn currently sharing a building with Beis Yaacov of boro park.

Would like to know the crowd, the academics and general atmosphere of the school.

I think the principal is Miriam Unger.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 1:38 am
You mean Pupa?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 4:27 am
amother wrote:
You mean Pupa?

No. Lol. It's a B.Y. type high school that's temporarily in Bybp building.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 6:52 am
Two of my daughters went there and both loved school.
Really good girls, inspiring teachers and a high level of academics.
Miriam Unger is very into academics and Bracha Wrona the Hebrew principal is a wonderful role noodle for the girls.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 6:54 am
Two of my daughters went there and both loved school.
Really good girls, inspiring teachers and a high level of academics.
Miriam Unger is very into academics and Bracha Wrona the Hebrew principal is a wonderful role model for the girls.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:02 am
What's the crowd like?

If it helps my daughter is heimeshe, not very jappy (just starting to care about fashion), frum and open minded, strong academically but thrives under less pressure.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:28 am
My daughter goes there and I am very impressed with the school. she loves it but I do think that the girls there a more flatbushy than heimish if you know what I mean. What I love about the chool is that everyone is very friendly, the girls in the school are friendly with each other even if their not in the same grade

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
My daughter goes there and I am very impressed with the school. she loves it but I do think that the girls there a more flatbushy than heimish if you know what I mean. What I love about the chool is that everyone is very friendly, the girls in the school are friendly with each other even if their not in the same grade

Could you see a boro park open minded girl fitting in? The type that is very frum but watches some shows here and there. (That I allow). And is extremely well read and worldly.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 10:37 pm
Bump

I'm really looking for some info. If anyone can help. Thanx.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2014, 10:48 pm
amother wrote:
Could you see a boro park open minded girl fitting in? The type that is very frum but watches some shows here and there. (That I allow). And is extremely well read and worldly.

Teacher here LOL. While this type of girl is not the norm in the school, there definitely are girls like that and they love it as well. I am a nogeah bidavar [/I] but I think it's a great school. Girls are really nice and work well together. There is an incredible amount of work by the teachers and principals to make sure each and every girl succeeds in an academic, emotional, social and any other manner you can think of.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 11:36 pm
To the teacher who responded to this thread. Are you still a teacher in Bnos Yaakov? Are the girls clicky? Would they be open to a new student joining in mid HS cycle? Are the welcoming to the pit of town girls who join? Also I heard there are a lot of projects. Are they all consuming time consuming projects or just to keep things interesting for the girls.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 14 2016, 11:52 pm
Also to the teacher I have another question. My daughter loves asking hashkafah questions. She likes to understand why a teacher says what she says. Will those questions go over well in Bnos Yaakov or will they be viewed as apikorsis or challenging a teachers authority?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 9:36 am
I don't know anything about the school but I know one of the principals very well, and I would be favorably inclined to anything she is running. She's an absolute sweetheart, the real deal.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jul 15 2016, 10:01 am
Thanks. Anyone out there know specifics? I need to know about the girls and about whether the school is open to a girl asking hashkafah questions in class.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics