Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need a dermatologist in Manhattan for psoriosis

imato5

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:01 pm
My husband has horrible psorisis on his scalp. He really needs to see a good dr who is possibly an expert in dealing with this. Any suggestions? thanks

Flower97

Post Sat, Oct 04 2014, 10:24 pm
I use a dermatologist in the city who is very good.
Dr. Adella Quintana and there's another dr. in that practice
Dr. Alveraz . They both are good and they accept most
insurances.

momesq

Post Sat, Oct 04 2014, 10:46 pm
I read that a glutin free diet can do wonders.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 1:42 am
First of all are you certain its psoraisis? Many other conditions can be mistaken do for psoriasis, especially on the scalp. A qualified dr should be able to tell the difference. I have some remedies for scalp psoriasis (which happen to also work for sehboraic dermatitis). : tsal, selsun blue, head and shoulders with zinc. Wash the scalp with them. Rub product on the scalp and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. Make sure you alternate between products. There are steroid creams as well. This may sound crazy, and not everyone can tolerate it, but a little bit of Apple cider vinegar On the scalp may also help (although it may also burn and I can't say how safe/smart that is): it must be rinsed after 5 minutes tops and then washed with proper shampoo. He should avoid scratching his head b/c of the risk of secondary infection. Refuah shalaima.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 1:44 am
On another note, you may want to move this thread to a forum where you can post anonymously. You may get a greater response that way. Some people may not be comfortable discussing their psoriasis/a loved one's psoriasis online and also uncomfortable revealing their location and doctor.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 12:30 pm
I see Dr Goldman at 150 Broadway in Lower Manhattan and he's very good. My whole family has been going to him for a dozen years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries