Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Short vacation

Candy Cane

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 5:42 am
I need ideas where I can go away with my husband in the winter. He has off from school for a week and I will probably be taking off from work. The only thing is that we can't go away for too long because 1. I can't take that many days off from work (3-4) and 2. I don't want to leave our baby for too long (he will be almost a yr then)...he will probably be staying with family but still. I live in the ny area...I don't want to go somewhere local but can't be too far for the reasons mentioned above. Would love a place with warmer weather...! Any ideas?

Maya

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 8:28 am
Florida always works. Short plane ride, kosher food in lots of places, warm weather.

We always do short vacations. We've even gone to Spain for less than three days. But if you want to keep it simple and uncomplicated, Florida is the way to go. Or maybe a resort in Mexico or the Caribbean somewhere. It depends on what you feel like doing for food.

bracha84

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 9:55 am
My husband and I went to Bahamas for 2 days and left our child with my parents. Really fun trip!!!

Candy Cane

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:35 am
I've been in Florida many times so I would rather somewhere else.
Bahamas sounds interesting... How long is the plane ride?
I was also thinking Puerto Rico. Anyone been there?

rachel91

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:47 am
Rio De Janeiro, it's beautiful, 3-4 days are enough, about 2 kosher restaurants, and shops ( not much choice though).
But the plane ride is long. (About 10 hours), it will be summer there in the winter.
I was there last year, if you have more questions.

rachel91

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 10:51 am
[quote="Candy Cane"]I've been in Florida many times so I would rather somewhere else.
Bahamas sounds interesting... How long is the plane ride?
I was also thinking Puerto Rico. Anyone been there?[/quote

Flight duration till Puerto Rico is about 4 hours.
I guess rio is too far though, for a mini vacation.
When I went there, I went from sao Paulo, where we were originally staying.

azeitune

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:20 am
Don't go to rio. Summer there is too hot, I go every year (I was born there and visit my family) and can't leave the air conditioning... About 100 degrees or even more....

rachel91

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:22 am
azeitune wrote:
Don't go to rio. Summer there is too hot, I go every year (I was born there and visit my family) and can't leave the air conditioning... About 100 degrees or even more....

Wow, I was there pesach time, so it was bearable/ good.

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 11:49 am
rachel91 wrote:
Wow, I was there pesach time, so it was bearable/ good.

I also went Pesach time and it was not too hot unlike Sau Paulo. I would take that flight for a couple of days though.

I like Puerto Rico. It had minyans and kosher food. There are interesting things to do and see. You can also just veg on the beach. Plus the flight isn't too long.

Right now DR is cheap plus you can get kosher.

azeitune

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 1:33 pm
That a because pessach is fall time! So it's bearable! 😉

doctorima

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 3:25 pm
The Caribbean would be great. Check to see where you can find a direct flight for a good price. Options include Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics