Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:45 am
malkacooks wrote:
I really liked this serial but now things are so slow. Kinda loosing interest. I personally thought the whole question of whether or not to put her son on meds was silly. he clearly needed it and it was obvious to me as the reader that eventually she was "going to see the light" and give it to him.

Will the rest of the serial be the old "country song in reverse" theme? (You all know that joke? What happens when you play a country song in reverse? The guy gets back his house, his car, his girl, his dog.)

malkacooks

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:11 pm
Exactly, pink. thats how I feel about this. now the only part that excites me is the backstabbing assistant

supermama2

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:41 pm
malkacooks wrote:
Exactly, pink. thats how I feel about this. now the only part that excites me is the backstabbing assistant

Ugh that 'assistant' makes me nauseous...what nerve she has.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 9:12 am
I don't want to give anything way. I'll just say that Bin is making some big changes in his life. How did all this happen so soon?
Hidden: 

How did he go from trying to reconcile with Libby to getting a job, moving, and getting engaged to someone else in how few weeks?
I haven't kept up with all the periodicals. Did I miss a week or three?

rise above

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 9:17 am
Seems to me like she jumped us a few weeks down the road... Maybe so we didn't need to actively watch libby stuck while bin moved on?
Should be an interesting conversation next week!

luvinlife

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 4:05 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't want to give anything way. I'll just say that Bin is making some big changes in his life. How did all this happen so soon?
Hidden: 

How did he go from trying to reconcile with Libby to getting a job, moving, and getting engaged to someone else in how few weeks?
I haven't kept up with all the periodicals. Did I miss a week or three?

yes she jumped pretty quickly! but at least there is action finally! feel so bad for libby..think she's gonna end up marrying that plumber?

malkacooks

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 12:26 pm
Now its getting interesting. I'm getting really excited to open the magazine again Smile

seeker

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 10:59 am
Yesterday was on the juicy side. Did we ever know in the first place that Bin threatened her to give up the house, car, etc so she was left with nothing? I didn't remember that part except that his mother told him off this week - where was she when it happened in the first place? And how did they ever have a house in the first place with him never able to hold down a job?

And the Avi part made me go "awww" even if it was maybe a little too good to be real - anyway I think I trust this author not to be TOO happily-ever-after at this stage yet.

ChaniH

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 11:22 am
I missed last weeks Sad anyway for me to catch up?

seeker

Post Fri, Oct 03 2014, 12:06 pm
Yesterday's or the one before? Maybe you can borrow it. This week was great but I don't remember much happening the week before - if I recall correctly:
Hidden: 

Rivka tried telling Libby about Bin's intention to move out of town with his kallah-to-be, so she could brace herself for what it would mean for Avi. But she didn't get a chance because they were interrupted by a phone call from said kallah-to-be, Elisheva. Elisheva explained to Libby that her ex had remarried and it was difficult for her so she wanted to make sure to reach out and clear the air pre-emptively, that there should be no hard feelings, and to reassure Libby that she would take great care of Avi when he visited and never turn him against her or anything. It was all really sweet; Libby had indeed been having difficult feelings about the idea of Bin remarrying and it seemed to really help her calm down. But then something slipped out, Elisheva said something about how she feels strongly about the non-custodial father's responsibilities to his children, and she would never ask him to give things to her/their children at the expense of his supporting Avi, and Libby's instinctive reaction was "huh? What are you talking about? He doesn't pay any support anyway." To which, given Elisheva's just-expressed feelings about parental responsibility, was a huge shocker to her and now she wants to break the shidduch. This week: Bin is devastated and looks to his mother for sympathy, but she tells him off saying he can't move on without rectifying his past mistakes. Also, Avi goes back to school and it goes pretty well.
But kedai to read it yourself if you can.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 4:34 am
I missed this week's, following the one you just posted... what happened??

June

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 4:39 am
seeker wrote:
Yesterday was on the juicy side. Did we ever know in the first place that Bin threatened her to give up the house, car, etc so she was left with nothing? I didn't remember that part except that his mother told him off this week - where was she when it happened in the first place? And how did they ever have a house in the first place with him never able to hold down a job?

And the Avi part made me go "awww" even if it was maybe a little too good to be real - anyway I think I trust this author not to be TOO happily-ever-after at this stage yet.

IIRC it said something about it in the first chapter. something like how the kitchen in her new place was tacky, and she missed her custom kitchen that she had to give up.

don't ask why I remember this random detail....

June

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 4:41 am
amother wrote:
I missed this week's, following the one you just posted... what happened??

what seeker posted was a recap of last week and this week (the yom kippur issue)

amother

Post Sun, Oct 05 2014, 4:57 am
June wrote:
what seeker posted was a recap of last week and this week (the yom kippur issue)

Woops totally missed the whole discussion, I only saw the first post. Thanks!

malkacooks

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 11:43 am
Wait I'm confused. I read last week's but missed the week before. Has bin gotten remarried or not? This weeks alluded to bin being remarried like it was a done deal?

Dev80

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:28 pm
Just curious, what happened in the succos issue? And last week Smile

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:41 pm
Dev80 wrote:
Just curious, what happened in the succos issue? And last week Smile

Elisheva is getting engaged to Bin, Bin wants to make things right with Libby and comes over to tell her he wants to pay child support, Libby is happy but blows up when bin tells her he is moving and won't be able to have Avi very much.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 4:54 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Elisheva is getting engaged to Bin, Bin wants to make things right with Libby and comes over to tell her he wants to pay child support, Libby is happy but blows up when bin tells her he is moving and won't be able to have Avi very much.

I was surprised at Libby's meltdown. I thought she'd be relieved that he wasn't trying to get custody.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:03 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I was surprised at Libby's meltdown. I thought she'd be relieved that he wasn't trying to get custody.

Yeah, me too. What was she so upset about anyways?

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 5:38 pm
Quote:
Yeah, me too. What was she so upset about anyways?
He offers to pay child support, and she starts to think he's finally becoming responsible. (And wondering, maybe, if she could have stayed married to him if he'd gone on medication?) And then he says he's moving away, which is not exactly the behavior of a responsible father. I doubt if it's for her convenience she's upset - I think she's projecting how hurt Avi will be.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room