Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dyeing boots

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:47 pm
Anon because I'm talking to a friend irl about this.

I have a pair of brown "cowboy"ish boots that I got in America awhile back. They're great for winter--sturdy and comfy and warm--but they don't really go in my community which is pretty chareidi. I'm wondering whether I can get them dyed black and if that will be any better or if it'll just look stupid. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm in Yerushalayim.

rachel91

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 2:12 pm
If it is the style, that 'doesn't go' with your community, then dyeing them black won't help.

And there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with brown, so what is it?

I don't think there is such a thing as dyeing boots. The color could wear off and it would look odder than before.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 2:30 pm
I don't know. I don't actually know a thing about fashion and just kind of wear whatever is comfortable (hence trying to hold onto these boots if I can!), but I'm also becoming more conscious of the fact that I live in a chareidi community and so for example I've gotten rid of all my denim. But couldn't black dye cover up the cowboy-type embroidery? And, I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it, could it be that even though these are probably the only such boots in EY nobody actually notices little ol' me and what I've got on my feet?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics