Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Constantly getting sick

wife2

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 8:17 pm
My 2 year old dd keeps getting sick with a runny nose and cough from her daycare. She goes to a large playgroup and there are always other kids who are sick and who have runny noses. She gets better for a week and then gets sick again and it's not even winter yet!
I feel so bad for her when I see her struggling to breathe in the night and coughing and being miserable. I do not want her to have to suffer like this all year through the winter.
Is there anything I can do to prevent her getting sick?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 8:20 pm
Wash up well when she gets home.
Saline in her nose often- it's like washing her hands, but for her nose (where all the germs settle).
Healthy diet and enough restful sleep.
Probiotics.
Ask your ped about any other supplements.

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 8:36 pm
I started giving immune power by nature's cure and saw an unbelievable difference. Im soo not a vitamin person but since I use it I stopped having to wipe noses and run to pediatrician once a week. Bh.

wife2

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 8:46 pm
pumpernickle wrote:
I started giving immune power by nature's cure and saw an unbelievable difference. Im soo not a vitamin person but since I use it I stopped having to wipe noses and run to pediatrician once a week. Bh.

Does your child like it? Does it taste good? I don't see how I can get her to take something she doesn't want. You give it every day?

chani8

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 12:30 am
Chizukit or any other immune builder. They come in chewable jellies for kids. Talk to your pharmacist or health store.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 5:51 am
Immune boostera are great!
Try teaching your kid to ALWAYS wash his/her hands before eating. Might be impossible for 2yo but that usually works.

This might sound strange but give your kid a spoonful of honey every day. Its like magic.
Short story-sickly nephew started cheder (less than 3) and sil was sure he'll be sick right the first week. He wasn't getting sick. She spoke to his rebbe once and asked him about it. He said he gives the kids a spoonfull of honey together w breakfast every day. He almost always had a perfect attendance. It works wonders. Its natural and not a strong vitamin/mineral. my df, European post war generation, didn't find it odd/interesting. It was a no brainer.
If you're worried ask your ped although he might laugh it off.

2gether

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 6:38 am
Try going off milk,vitamin C, and checking for allergies.

wife2

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 8:34 am
How do immune boosters work? You give one every day? Does it make your child dependent - if they stop taking it, will they get sick?
do they taste good?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics