Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Itchy scalp NOT LICE, suggestions?

redroses

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 2:35 pm
DD recently has a severely itchy scalp, mostly at the nape of her neck. She's been checked for lice numerous time, BH she doesnt have any. I do see some sort of rash, but not sure if it is from scratching it. No recent changes in shampoo or products. Before I go runnign off to the doctor, any one have any suggestions?

TIA

little_mage

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 5:06 pm
My scalp gets really itchy cause I have dandruff. I've been using head and shoulders shampoo for years. Also, even if she didn't buy a different brand of product, is is possible the product she was using changed its formula?

ddsw

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:00 pm
I would change shampoos. I used to get really itchy from Pantene but never realized it till I stopped using it. They used to make a shampoo that had tar in it. It smelled gross but was supposed to help with itching. I forgot the name of it tho.

November

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:16 pm
I would have her try a dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength for a few days to see if there's any improvement before I took her to a dr.

ven

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 6:19 pm
What could help is dilute some appel vinegar with water and use that to rinse. It removes all.chemical and shampoo redidues . Makes hair very soft. Its an old trick.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 7:51 pm
ddsw wrote:
I would change shampoos. I used to get really itchy from Pantene but never realized it till I stopped using it. They used to make a shampoo that had tar in it. It smelled gross but was supposed to help with itching. I forgot the name of it tho.

Denorex?

This can help with dandruff. Mouthwash poured over the scalp can help with dandruff and itching.

Barbara

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 9:35 pm
redroses wrote:
DD recently has a severely itchy scalp, mostly at the nape of her neck. She's been checked for lice numerous time, BH she doesnt have any. I do see some sort of rash, but not sure if it is from scratching it. No recent changes in shampoo or products. Before I go runnign off to the doctor, any one have any suggestions?

TIA

Have you changed laundry detergents? Or has she started wearing fall clothing? The nape of the neck suggests it could be clothing related.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 11:35 pm
This just happened to me. My sil suggested just using conditioner and it really helped! Now I can use other shampoos too.
Good luck

piece

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 12:45 am
tar smelling shampoo might be T-Gel. I also used to have itchy scalp so started using selsun blue & I don't itch any more.
BTW, you can make own natural shampoo - 1 TBS Baking Soda (barcabonate of soda) with 1 Cup water. it is liquidy, but does the job amazingly.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 3:22 am
Once I tried leaving in baby oil in my daughter's hair. It helped a LOT. It moisterized the scalp and mamesh stopped the itching. I really should do it for myself now but don't want oily hair under my snoods Smile

redroses

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 11:36 am
Thanks for the ideas!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 1:10 pm
Please take her to the dr!
This is how skin conditions like psoriasis begin And the earlier you treat it ( special creams) the faster it gets cured and the less effect it has on her body.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics