Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chol hamoed sukkos, lancaster PA

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 4:03 pm
I'm looking into going to lancaster for two days, one night chol hamoed, with kids ages 8 and 10. Couple of questions I have;
I booked both country Inn and suites (129 a night for a suite) and double tree resort (179 just for a room) but double tree has the indoor water park for kids, is it worth paying the extra $ for the water park?
I'm considering that being that dutch wonderland is closed mid week which is where I wanted to spend a full day so I thought maybe they could spend some time in the water park as well?
I also want to have an interesting tour around amish town possibly with a dairy farm to see the cows being milked ... can anyone give me a contact phone # of a place they're toured in the past ? I don't want it to be boring
Any other suggestions would be welcome!
TIA

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 4:21 pm
I don't have the number, but you can possibly ask around if you could see Esther Fisher's farm. She is an old order Amish woman who allows tour guides to show her farm to tourists. I was there and it was really nice. They milked the cows with air pressurized "machines," and let us watch chickens warming their eggs. I would highly recommend just driving around yourself and talking to the people. Many of them are very friendly and will speak to you and answer questions: they are used to tourists!! I once saw a volleyball match which was very interesting.

I once stayed at the place with the indoor waterpark for kids, but we didn't have time for it. It looked like the kids I was with would have enjoyed it, but they swim all the time while not on vacation, so they were okay with skipping it. If I remember correctly that pool actually has separate men's and women's hours as well, so that may be interesting for you.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 4:34 pm
Cherry Crest Farm is open on Monday (Columbus Day) and Tuesday. They have a corn maize and lots of other low-tech fun. On Tuesday they'll have a kosher food concession. Sukkah on premises, maybe both Monday and Tuesday, it's not clear. Here's a link to Lancaster area chol hamoed activities: Lancaster area attractions

mother of boyz

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 4:49 pm
Thanks I might just do that drive around and talk to the people
Tuesdays plan is cherry crest farm cuz that's 'sukkos day' they'll be selling kosher food with sukka

frumPA

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:40 am
Hi. Did u end up going to country inn? Do they have a sukkah? I am trying to figure it out and would greatly appreciate a response!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics