Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Ipad got wet and not working: what should I do?

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:14 pm
my water bottle leaked in my purse and my iPad got wet. at first the screen looked wet and kind of wavy, then it got dimmer and now it doesn't turn on. it is sitting in rice now. any suggestions? I would really hate to say goodbye to it...

gamanit

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:21 pm
Just leave it in the rice for a few days. It should come back to itself.

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:28 pm
Some people advise using a hair dryer, but other say it can make the problem worse. I've never had this with an Ipad, but whenever cell phones get wet, we just take apart all the components and leave them out to dry for several days, which usually does the trick. Rice is also supposed to help. Oh, and daven!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 1:30 pm
My cell phone fell out of my lap when I was getting out of the car, and landed in a puddle. The puddle froze with my cell phone in it, as I looked for it for a few days. Had to dig it out of the ice, and put it in a rice bucket. After like 2 days, it was good as new.

Alas! My kids were hoping I'd finally get a new cell phone.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 3:40 pm
you are doing the right thing. Also if you have silica gel packs empty them out in a bag and use like rice.

If it is still not working after a few days in the rice take to a phone repair shop, they can dry it out for you for a price.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 06 2014, 3:43 pm
So interesting that this rice trick worked for so many of you. My phone fell in the sink. the water was not even running, just a wet sink. Nothing worked. I had to get a new phone.
I was told that water corrodes and when corrosion happens, there is little to nothing that can be done.

Rali

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 2:23 am
My ipod fell into the pool I left it in rice for a few days weeks month but nothing. After a year I finally decided to throw out the rice and guess what it started working.

ludicrous

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:45 pm
op here
I put the ipad in rice for a few days
one day randomly it started making some noises saying something about siri
I turned it on and I can see the screen, but it is much darker than normal, and the home button doesn't work, it doesn't return to the home page when I press that button
what should I do now?
I live in Israel...

Pandabeer

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 4:52 pm
leave it there for another few days - rice worked for me even when my kids mp3 was put in the washing machine by mistake

ludicrous

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 5:08 pm
the ipad has been in rice for four days. how much longer should I leave it in the rice?
I am so worried, because the ipad helps me stay organized, nothing else is as good for me...I really need it!

ludicrous

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 3:59 pm
op here
I had a technician who has fixed ipads before tell me it would cost 1000 shekel to replace the screen and something inside of it that got water damaged. would you pay 1000 shekel or around 300 something dollars to fix an ipad. the ipad itself is around 4 or 5 months old

ElTam

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:08 pm
It's also more helpful if you open it up and dry the battery separately with the back panel open.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:52 pm
ludicrous wrote:
op here
I had a technician who has fixed ipads before tell me it would cost 1000 shekel to replace the screen and something inside of it that got water damaged. would you pay 1000 shekel or around 300 something dollars to fix an ipad. the ipad itself is around 4 or 5 months old

you can buy a new ipad for that price. Definitely the mini, not sure about the larger size.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics