Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Why does sponga hold overflow

ludicrous

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:12 pm
why does my sponga hole overflow when I need to drain the bath. water gushes out to the whole bathroom through the small holes in the sponga hole when I am draining the bathtub?
thanks

pickle321

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 3:18 pm
ludicrous wrote:
why does my sponga hole overflow when I need to drain the bath. water gushes out to the whole bathroom through the small holes in the sponga hole when I am draining the bathtub?
thanks

We had this problem recently. It was clogged. My husband opened up the sponga hole and cleaned it out and poured some drain unclogging stuff (a lot) down the hole and down the bathtub drain. He also opened up the bathtub drain and cleaned It out. Since then we haven't had any problems.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 4:17 pm
We were told that ours does this because the pipes cannot handle the pressure of the water in the bathtub. Old pipes...
Try the above suggestions, or you can do what we do - only let the drain open half way (or less). It drains slowly but doesn't flood the bathroom.
We were told that its not fixable...

etky

Post Mon, Oct 13 2014, 1:42 am
Smile1234 wrote:
We were told that ours does this because the pipes cannot handle the pressure of the water in the bathtub. Old pipes...
Try the above suggestions, or you can do what we do - only let the drain open half way (or less). It drains slowly but doesn't flood the bathroom.
We were told that its not fixable...

Not necessarily old pipes - can also be pipes that just aren't wide enough to handle the rush of a large volume of water all at once. We have that in our house in one of the bathrooms and the pipes were brand new when we moved in. Your solution is what we do too on the (thankfully) rare occasion that the bathtub is used in that bathroom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions