Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Yoshon

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 12:22 pm
Ok...this is going to sound dumb but when does it start? I have a feeling sukkos (and goes away with the korbon omer/second day of pesach). Right? I am not machmir on it obviously but I wanted to make something for someone who I believe is but I can't get ahold of them to ask.

kb

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 12:29 pm
I don't think it "starts". Different products have different cut off dates when they can begin to be a problem.

If you really want to educate yourself you can go through this
http://www.crcweb.org/yoshon_g.....5.pdf

Or post what you're thinking of using and maybe someone can help you out. I've never yet starved because of yoshon.

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 1:11 pm
Halachically, it starts on the second day of Pesach, when anything harvested after that time is yoshon. Practically speaking, you usually have until sometime in August for most products. By now almost everything is a potential issue. You can still buy things that are yoshon, but you can no longer take it for granted, and need the yoshon guide to know what companies are always yoshon, and the date codes for those that aren't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen