Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is this wintery?

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 2:52 pm
http://www.zara.com/us/en/kids......html
also what color shell and tights would you put with it?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 2:55 pm
Cream shell and tights and brown shoes or boots. I like it and think the material seems wintery. Are Zara dresses ever long enough? I think this style would be really loose and boxy in a size or two bigger than otherwise needed.

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 2:58 pm
I love it! Going to send link to DD!

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 2:59 pm
cream tights? I don't know, I feel like all little kids these days wear dark colored tights all the time.
and you never know with zara dresses sometimes they are long enough and sometimes they aren't, I'm just hoping this one is.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:00 pm
Nice dress! My nieces have it and wear it with a plum shell and matching plum tights (jrp cotton).

chanee

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:04 pm
Sure this is wintery! And I love the color. Do you know if this is below or above knee length? If they are long enough I would get it for my girls. I would match it with a darker shade of brown but not too dark or maybe that purple from the flower and tights probably solid light beige. That would make it a stunning shabbos outfit. But oh were you thinking this as for everyday?

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
Nice dress! My nieces have it and wear it with a plum shell and matching plum tights (jrp cotton).

that's cute! plum like dark purple or like the pinkish color on the flower?
Now I'm wondering if just buying one of the more expensive dresses would be cheaper because then I won't have to buy a matching shell and tights.
chanee- definitely for shabbos

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:10 pm
Really pretty. I thought for a moment it was for you.

Navy. If that's too dark, burgundy. Or grey.

The tights and shell should be the same color.

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:10 pm
does anyone know if this dress is near the knee on a 3-4 year old (size 5-6)?

penguin

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:11 pm
Can you add material to the bottom, using the color of the flower?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:38 pm
Size 6-7 covers the knee on my tall 4.5 year old niece.

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Size 6-7 covers the knee on my tall 4.5 year old niece.

Thank you! then it'll probably be long enough for my short 4 yr old

Butterfly

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:41 pm
Very pretty dress.
It seems like this fabric can also be worn all year round. (almost)

I would pair it with either plum or brown for the winter. (same color shell and tights)

Concentrate on matching the shell & tights color with the same shade of the print on the fabric. It doesn't have to be the exact color but should blend well.

For Pesach and during spring time it might look nice with the cream as well. It may give it a more springy affect.

Enjoy it and have a chag sameach

sky

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 8:22 pm
mommyofd1 wrote:
does anyone know if this dress is near the knee on a 3-4 year old (size 5-6)?

Size 5-6 reaches the top of the knee on my tall - almost 3 yr old. the rest of the style fits her well everywhere (she is a bit on the chunky side)

My almost 5 year old - average to tall height - is wearing a 8/9 to cover her knees. The styles do get boxier and the necks get wider. I'm thinking I may have to make a dart in the neck of her dress. The 6/7 reached the top of her knee. But in my experience the dresses shrink.

(the sizes above are not for this dress but I did order this dress in a size 6\7 for my 4 year old and it was too short and hit the top of her knee so I returned it - it was very pretty)

for that specific dress I would put on a shell that matches the red\plum\burgundy color or charcoal grey. Tights either the same color as the shell or charcoal grey (even if shell is in the burgundy family).

amother

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 2:40 pm
cream or white, for a child. Dark is odder

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 3:08 pm
thanks for all the replies!
I think I'm going to put navy shell and tights with it since I already have them.
chag sameach!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics