Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need $$$ badly How can I sell my Jewelry for profit?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 8:04 am
We're getting to a desperate situation now - financially. I want to sell some of my jewelry but I want to make sure I get a good price for it, and don't get taken advantage of. Does anyone know about this or have any advice? Thanks!!

Dalia

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 10:22 am
Are you in NY? I sold my gold to Yanky Yablonsky- he comes to the home. I was very happy with him.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 2:24 pm
Thanks for your reply. It's not gold though. Would he still want it? I live in NJ, but I would go to him.

Dalia

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 5:28 pm
is it silver?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 7:23 pm
The truth is, I have no idea, that's why I'm afraid of being taken advantage of. I guess it could be white gold, I don't think it's silver. Is this a private thing or does he advertise? Thanks!

Dalia

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 8:03 pm
He's advertised allover the place- just took this from an old thread:

dddpssu wrote:
I second the suggestion of yanky Yablonsky. He is impeccably honest and gives the best prices by far. He also buys silver, if you have any old bechers or washing cups. His number is 9175367419.
Good luck!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 9:26 pm
Try a money gemach first.

Look at the back of Hamodia newspaper on Wednesday. Maybe you won't have to sell or sell all of it.

Talk to your rebbetzin. Maybe you can take in a boarder to help with finances. Someone recommended by your rebbetzin.

Maybe you can watch someone's baby or child for money.

Maybe somebody in your family can tutor for money.

Good luck.

jewels

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 11:51 pm
Most metal jewelry would be stamped, silver would be 925 and white gold would be 750.

chanee

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:50 am
Sorry for asking, are you using your jewelry often? Is it anyway in your drawer and not using it? I just can't understand how jewelry that was given as a gift and used quite often can be given away for money.You sure get to earn some money for the time but after money is used up you don't have back those jewelry. Struggling to earn some cash in other ways is definitely harder but seems to me much more worth, if possible. Earning even $7,000 on jewelry won't last a lifetime. I can spend that out in a month or two, and then?

rachelbg

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:50 pm
On the radio on my way to work I have been hearing many commercials for the Provident Loan Society - you can borrow money against your jewelry, they keep the jewelry (or valuables) until you pay the money back. Of course, with some kind of interest rate.

Maybe look into that instead, so your jewelry isn't gone for good.

1234abcd

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:59 pm
I used Yanky Yablonsky a few times and have always been exceptionally happy with his service. He does home calls as well.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 9:00 pm
Thank you all. I hardly wear this jewelry. Gonna go into credit card debt now and I think I would be less stressed if we could pay a bit off. We already both work full time

amother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 9:08 pm
Op again. Jewels the number on my jewelry says 585 or 685. Do you know what that means? Thanks! It's white gold

amother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 9:12 pm
Besides for selling your jewelry, you may want to call all your credit card companies & talk with them. If you have good credit to date, they may even lower your interest rate. Maybe you can transfer your credit card debt to a credit card with 0% interest. Very important now of all times to have excellent credit. Best of luck.

jewels

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Op again. Jewels the number on my jewelry says 585 or 685. Do you know what that means? Thanks! It's white gold

585 means that it's real gold as opposed to plated or silver

amother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 11:12 pm
I know this isn't what you asked about but I'm a bit concerned that you wrote you both work full time and yet you still need money so badly you want to sell your jewelry. Did you have a big expense recently or do you foresee this cash flow shortage continuing permanently? As others mentioned, once you sell your jewelry it's gone, and then what? There are many threads that can help you improve your financial situation in the long run, I hope things get better soon, best of luck.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 9:46 pm
Thanks for your concern would love to improve our situation but with four tuitions two cars house utilities it doesn't seem possible really. We already wear some hand me downs, make our own snacks etc

bobeli

Post Fri, Feb 14 2014, 10:21 am
I used Sammy his # is 917 692 9973 and was very happy.
I know him an he is very honest and reliable.
he will give you a quote and you decide if you want to sell, he is in the 20s and 30s flatbush magazine.
if you want more details pm me

Another mom

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 7:08 pm
I give you credit for wanting to sell real jewelry for tuitions - May Hashem bless you for this Missirus nefesh!!

Scrabble123

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 11:15 pm
If you are comfortable enough to PM me, I may be able to give you some information about someone who could act as a broker. I believe that he will be understanding if you explain your situation.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics