Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Darn you, autocorrect!
Previous  1  2  3

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 1:48 am
seeker wrote:
I hate to interrupt but is there some way to add words to your personal iphone/ipad autocorrect? Even ancient dinosaur MS Word let you add words to your spellcheck dictionary. This should really not be that difficult but I haven't found the trick yet. I still need to back up and retype my own NAME several times a day. Seriously, it should figure this out automatically after I've written it so many times, but at least manually there should be a way?

If you look somewhere in your settings, like around keyboard there should be a personal dictionary where you can add edit abd remove words. Also on the computer, right click on the word and there should be a choice to "add to dictionary"

Hope that helps :-)

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 1:51 am
singleagain wrote:
If you look somewhere in your settings, like around keyboard there should be a personal dictionary where you can add edit abd remove words. Also on the computer, right click on the word and there should be a choice to "add to dictionary"

Hope that helps :-)

Well, I'll hunt around the settings some more, I didn't think I saw it. I KNOW you can right click to add on the computer, what I'm asking is why isn't there an option like that on an iphone/ipad? As far as I can tell there is nothing you can do while in any text-input app to tell the device "please stop autocorrecting this. I intend to keep writing it and I want it like this."

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 1:52 am
seeker wrote:
Well, I'll hunt around the settings some more, I didn't think I saw it. I KNOW you can right click to add on the computer, what I'm asking is why isn't there an option like that on an iphone/ipad? As far as I can tell there is nothing you can do while in any text-input app to tell the device "please stop autocorrecting this. I intend to keep writing it and I want it like this."

On my phone. Which is Android based, a red line comes up under the word and if I tap twice it adds that word to my personal dictionary.... I can't imagine there wouldn't be st similar for Apple...

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 2:20 am
I'm in Safari, and I right click on the underlined work, and then scroll down to "learn word". That adds it to my "do not correct" list.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 10:47 am
Today's gem, kama sutra for sumatriptan... cuz migraines are hot

realeez

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 11:40 am
Have had some good ones over the years like cholent to violent and today Yiddishkeit changed to Yiddish kettleball.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Oct 07 2014, 1:06 pm
Rolling Laughter

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Oct 08 2014, 1:31 am
just happened yesterday -

my fourth child has really big cheeks, lol. Anyways, I went for an ultrasound yesterday and emailed my father afterwards to say "Couldn't see the gender - legs were closed, but the technician said the cheeks are big Smile"

So he emailed me back from his phone "must be dd #4's decayed twin". I was like "what the heck???" so he writes back "sorry - should've said delayed"

darn you autocorrect!! Smile Smile Smile

imasoftov

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 12:11 pm
shadchan -> shad ham

Bitachon101

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 11:33 pm
Darn touch keyboard and auto corrext ! I miss the good old normal keyboards where my embarrassing spelling errors were few and Far between. These days I make so many strange mistakes its quite embarrassing. Too many slip ups to remember.

Bitachon101

Post Sat, Oct 11 2014, 11:51 pm
Lol just asked someone if she starting shidduchim yet and it sent her
"Shidduch I'm yet"

yo'ma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 12:01 am
yo'ma wrote:
Somebody sent this to me:
Gmar jatima tova y tzom mal !!!

And then this: Wink
Gmar jatima tova y tzom kal !!!
Perdón, ya es la segunda vez q me pasa y es por la autocorrección del tel

I'm so impressed how no one asked what my post meant Very Happy . Any of you check on google transalte Wink ? I didn't (yay me!). I did google translate other messages I got from this woman and other mothers though embarrassed .

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 12 2014, 7:29 am
yo'ma wrote:
I'm so impressed how no one asked what my post meant Very Happy . Any of you check on google transalte Wink ? I didn't (yay me!). I did google translate other messages I got from this woman and other mothers though embarrassed .

"Mal" means bad, and "kal" means easy.

Entiendo un poquito de Español. Very Happy

pickle321

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 6:11 am
Somehow rachelli turned into taxi hello don't know how that happened. Now it turned it to rav hello lol

imasoftov

Post Fri, Oct 17 2014, 6:53 am
Can whipped topping be represented after fully defrosting?

imasoftov

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:22 am
hammy downs (hand-me-downs)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics