Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Is this Bosch mixer a good deal?

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:32 am
http://www.overstock.com/Home-.....idx=0

Power: 800 watts
Speeds: Four plus impulse
Capacity: 6.5-quart high-volume mixing bowl with higher dough capacity
Included items: Mixer, Bowl, Dough Hook, Wire Whips and Driver, Splash Ring & Lid
Suction feet for a secure standing
Dimensions: 12 x 15.5 x 11 inches

If the metal bowl and its accessories are bought separately, wouldnt that add up to less than buying it all together? I thought the Bosch mixer was much more expensive than $389? What am I not understanding?

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:43 am
I just read on another thread about someone buying it at BB&B with a 20% off coupon. Great idea.

Any difference?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....91406

Bosch 6.5-Quart Universal Plus Stand Mixer is great for bread making and kneading dough
4 speed settings plus pulse function
Includes:
BPA free plastic bowl
Stainless steel dough hook
Wire whips with driver
Splash ring
Cover
800-watt motor
Integrated circuit breaker protects motor from overloading, helping ensure lasting and reliable functionality
Bowl drive shaft is removable for easy cleaning
6.5-quart capacity
Measures 15" L x 12" W x 11" H
Integrated cable storage
Imported
3-year motor/transmission manufacturer's warranty
1-year parts and accessories manufacturer's warranty
Model MUM6N10UC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does the stainless dough hook that comes with this model work with the metal bowl, and about how much will the metal bowl cost if I buy it separately?

TIA

Leahh

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:55 am
The metal bowl itself is over $100.

kb

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:59 am
Mevater wrote:
I just read on another thread about someone buying it at BB&B with a 20% off coupon. Great idea.

Any difference?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....91406

Bosch 6.5-Quart Universal Plus Stand Mixer is great for bread making and kneading dough
4 speed settings plus pulse function
Includes:
BPA free plastic bowl
Stainless steel dough hook
Wire whips with driver
Splash ring
Cover
800-watt motor
Integrated circuit breaker protects motor from overloading, helping ensure lasting and reliable functionality
Bowl drive shaft is removable for easy cleaning
6.5-quart capacity
Measures 15" L x 12" W x 11" H
Integrated cable storage
Imported
3-year motor/transmission manufacturer's warranty
1-year parts and accessories manufacturer's warranty
Model MUM6N10UC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does the stainless dough hook that comes with this model work with the metal bowl, and about how much will the metal bowl cost if I buy it separately?

TIA

Are you sure you can use the coupon in Bosch products? They tend to exclude anything valuable from the coupons.

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:10 am
kb wrote:
Are you sure you can use the coupon in Bosch products? They tend to exclude anything valuable from the coupons.

cbg
Post Posted: Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:25 pm Post subject: re: Bosch Universal Mixer questions
I just finish buying my Bosch from bb&b for $320, when you apply 20% coupon.
They have great customer service. Anything happens no matter how long they will refund your money.
I was told in one of the jewish stores that if I use the plastic bowl with the hook on top for challah, I will burn out the motor. So I bought the metal bowl with the hook on the bottom.
I haven't used it yet.
Any tips on how to will be helpful.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....oupon

The above is where I read it. Looks like it was recent.

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:29 am
I called a local heimish dealer and the Bosch costs $499 when buying together with the Metal bowl. Its very close price-wise bec the bowl sells for close to $150

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-MU.....amp;sr=1-4

Which is the better way to go, customer service-wise? Heimish store or BB&B?

wifeandmore

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:00 am
Definitely bb & b for service and return policy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:51 am
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.c......aspx the ER1 bowl is what you would be adding on for 170 -- I don't know if tax would be added in your location. If not, you probably come out a few dollars ahead by doing this and the the BBB $320 with tax (490) but it's pretty close...but BBB would let you return no questions asked if you had a problem. Also, find out which metal bowl the heimish store is selling -- if it's including the ER2 which is the same as the plastic but in metal, there is no use -- you want the model with their own dough hooks.

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:34 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/Bosch_Universal_Plus_Mixer_MUM6N10UC.aspx the ER1 bowl is what you would be adding on for 170 -- I don't know if tax would be added in your location. If not, you probably come out a few dollars ahead by doing this and the the BBB $320 with tax (490) but it's pretty close...but BBB would let you return no questions asked if you had a problem. Also, find out which metal bowl the heimish store is selling -- if it's including the ER2 which is the same as the plastic but in metal, there is no use -- you want the model with their own dough hooks.

Thanks a million for telling me the diff betw the ER1 and the ER2 (one comes w hooks, one doesnt). Sometimes I dont read fine print!

Just curious though, the dough hooks that come with the ER1 ($170) are different than the dough hooks that come with the machine that doesnt have the Stainless bowl?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:11 am
Mevater wrote:
Thanks a million for telling me the diff betw the ER1 and the ER2 (one comes w hooks, one doesnt). Sometimes I dont read fine print!

Just curious though, the dough hooks that come with the ER1 ($170) are different than the dough hooks that come with the machine that doesnt have the Stainless bowl?

Yes, they're different -- they connect directly to the machine sort of, meaning right at the bottom of the bowl, vs the shaft that goes in the plastic (and ER2) bowl which holds the rest of the attachments. I think this is the main reason people say using the plastic bowl will kill the motor -- because the hooks are higher up and perhaps it causes extra strain on them?

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 12:47 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Yes, they're different -- they connect directly to the machine sort of, meaning right at the bottom of the bowl, vs the shaft that goes in the plastic (and ER2) bowl which holds the rest of the attachments. I think this is the main reason people say using the plastic bowl will kill the motor -- because the hooks are higher up and perhaps it causes extra strain on them?
Thanks, I confirmed that the design of the 2 bowls (plastic and ER1) are different and therefore the dough hooks are different. You are 100% right!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars