Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Kid-proof tights?

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 12:56 pm
How do you moms of little girls keep them in tights? As soon as I take them out of the package they seem to spring holes and pulled threads! I've been buying the expensive brands because I was hoping to avoid this problem... Not talking about the very heavyweight ones, just for days that are chilly but not freezing when I want something on those legs but I don't want them to be too hot either. I tried Butterfly, Butterfly School version, and MeMoi. Doesn't seem to make any difference, it seems to be a total luck thing. Sometimes a pair will escape snagging for several wears and sometimes the very first day they come home torn to shreds, but most often after one wear there is a little hole or snag and then it grows by the next wearing.

I thought I was set for the Fall when I bought a whole bagful of tights before Rosh Hashana. Succos isn't even over yet and I hardly have any left.

I cannot afford to put my 4-year-old into a new pair of tights every day! Help!

bookie

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 1:14 pm
I usually have mine for some time but for thisin between weather I use knee socks.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 1:14 pm
Ooh.

Longer skirts.

Clear nailpolish on small snags and holes so they don't get larger.

Black nailpolish on black tights.

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 1:30 pm
I know you said that you don't want anything heavy, but I feel cotton tights are better in all seasons, even the heat of summer. Cotton breathes, unlike synthetics. In addition, the thick cotton tights last MUCH longer. They are more expensive upfront than synthetic tights, but they come out ahead when figuring the cost per wear. We even hand down cotton tights from sister to sister.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Oct 18 2014, 11:14 am
I thought this was going to be about how to prevent your baby from playing with your tights lol!! Because I’ve had this problem, also

Now for the little girls (or boys, if you’re Euro like me LOL in this house we all wear tights except dh Very Happy), yes it’s a lot of luck, but you can tell them to try to be careful. While still letting kids be kids.
sometimes the cheapest ones are the answer, if the expensive aren’t much better. Or tights they’ll love so much they’ll want to be careful. I notice evn for adults, tights have “mazl”. Some don’t have a very careful angel, and know early demise at the hands (or teeth) of a scratching biting baby… (I found my baby violently attacking a random tight with her gums recently)

If it’s shredded, maybe it can be worn under a long skirt, or in any way it’s not too visible. Unless you are machmir to really cover all skin (as opposed to teaching tights as a concept) then keep for at home? My dd7 likes to finish off a pair at the playground, and sometimes won’t allow me to throw them away until they’re falling off of her if she loved that pair.

MamaBear

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:50 am
I put my little girl in leggings under dresses and save the more delicate stuff just for shabbos.

Our dollar store sells girls tights sometimes - I think cheap is the way to go at this age.

And my mom used the nail polish trick on runs when I was a girl - forgot about that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics