Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Bird flew into my house, what does it mean?

yersp

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:21 pm
The window was barely open and I can't figure out how the bird got in! It was flying around the room flapping its wings. I opened the window wide and it just stayed perched near the open window. It flew a bit here and there and then just continued sitting there until it realized by chance the window was open.
I keep on reading online about this that it c"v means something bad will happen. Can anyone please reassure me that a bird flying in my house means good things only?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:22 pm
What? It means nothing

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:23 pm
it means that a bird flew into your house.

yersp

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:26 pm
LOL
Thanks!

penguin

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:31 pm
Do you live in EY?

DD sent me a couple of pictures of her dirah. It took a while til I noticed a bird under the kitchen table, and one on the counter. They were frequent visitors.

Not overly sanitary, to my mind, but evidently taken very much in stride there.

But somehow I think it's a good sign, like shiluach haken?

ElTam

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 4:10 pm
It means you left the window open.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 4:34 pm
yersp wrote:
The window was barely open and I can't figure out how the bird got in! It was flying around the room flapping its wings. I opened the window wide and it just stayed perched near the open window. It flew a bit here and there and then just continued sitting there until it realized by chance the window was open.
I keep on reading online about this that it c"v means something bad will happen. Can anyone please reassure me that a bird flying in my house means good things only?

It sounds as if it wanted the warmth, and squeezed in because it was warmer inside. Then, liking the warmth, it didn't want to leave. Then, it decided that was enough confinement, and left anyway, even though the warmth was nice.

Give to tzedakah and daven for clarity.

Then examine what websites you are visiting - you say "online". Stay with kosher websites.

myself

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:41 pm
I've had it too, couldn't figure out how it came in either but nothing to worry about. LOL

busymom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 5:55 pm
I've had it too. Gave my kids some entertainment until we finally got it out. B"H, we can all happily tell the tale several yrs later. Smile

yersp

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:03 pm
Thanks everyone! Feel better now!

acemom

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:11 pm
yersp wrote:

I had the same thing once. It is a little nerve wracking but not worrisome.

IMMEDIATE REACTION:
Bird flew into my house what does it mean? The window was open....

bnm

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:16 pm
get your neighbors to catch it. I'm sure they will eat it Wink

pink flower

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:21 pm
Can't recall exact details, but whilst in the same situation years ago, my mother told me I shouldn't worrie "when a bird flies in, it brings a good besira". This week a bird informed Noach that the mabull has finished too... Very Happy

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 8:39 pm
Well there.

You are on top of things, Pink Flower.

pink flower

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:02 pm
Thank you Dolly Hug

momsprince

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:12 am
In our family we say a bird brings good news. I was surprised to read that online they claim differently...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 8:40 am
A couple of years ago I had a hummingbird fly into my house. It was gorgeous, and I felt really blessed to have such a pretty visitor. I gently coaxed it towards an open door, and sent it on it's way.

I just felt bad for it because it seemed really scared. Other than that, everything was fine!

muffintop

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:26 am
I always knew a bird flying into house brings good news! I know a few ppl where bird flew into there house n all married kids that were there at the time had baby within the year...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics