Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Did I Do The Right Thing? Please, just honest opinions
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:03 am
I manage a store and we hate the days after Yom Tov - people come in with all kinda of reasons why they need to return things - every store I know in ny where I live has a sign NO returns after yt - so u can imagine why the store finds it frustrating when people come back with returns when it clearly says no returns.
Seems like he ended up saying he knows u and he's leaving it up to you to make the decision and u decided to return it not sure why do you feel quilty or even asking if you were right - unless you think you weren't.

debsey

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 1:00 pm
amother wrote:
I manage a store and we hate the days after Yom Tov - people come in with all kinda of reasons why they need to return things - every store I know in ny where I live has a sign NO returns after yt - so u can imagine why the store finds it frustrating when people come back with returns when it clearly says no returns.
Seems like he ended up saying he knows u and he's leaving it up to you to make the decision and u decided to return it not sure why do you feel quilty or even asking if you were right - unless you think you weren't.

It's very simple. Women often tend to be people pleasers, and don't like to get others angry. OP said - she has had a good relationship with this guy in the past, so the fact that he got mad at her and basically accused her of lying caused her to second-guess herself.

Chani8 said it best - she has to tell herself - you did nothing wrong, because she did nothing wrong
We sometimes confuse having a good FEELING with doing the right thing. She had an unpleasant FEELING because the owner got angry with her. That doesn't mean she did the wrong thing.

But I don't think she should stop patronizing the place either.

heidi

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 1:57 pm
OP made a point of saying that she patronizes the store often and evidently, she doesn't have a reputation for buying and returning. When I patronize a store often enough I expect certain accommodations to be made for me. As in, when I walk into my makolet that I'm in at least 4 times a week and I'm friendly with the owner and his wife and the cashiers, and I tell him I mistakenly bought two of the same item, I expect him to take it back, no questions asked (which he did). I have done that exactly once and don't plan on (intentionally) doing it again, but I would be positively shocked if the owner who knows me for years questioned my integrity. And like OP, I wouldn't go back into that store . Ever.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:49 pm
I wouldn't go back ever either. Why give someone a chance to be nasty again? If he apologized then I would go back.

Barbara

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:

She's asking because the owner was nasty, causing her to doubt herself. She's aksing because it was a return, even if not one that was her fault (entirely).

Me, I will not frequent a store with a no return policy. Two horror stories. Once, a friend bought Pesach ice cream from a store with a no return on Pesach items policy. On Pesach, when she opened the container, part had been scooped out with fingers. The store refused to refund. None of us shop there anymore. Another time, I ordered a watch from a Jewish store. Ordered, because they didn't have it in stock, but promised they could get it. After putting me off for weeks, they admitted that they couldn't get it, but cited a no return policy. It's not a return, I never got it. Tough luck, buy something else. My credit card company took care of that.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:39 pm
Op you are in the right. I give you credit for taking an exchange and not a refund. That was really going the extra mile.
I was in that store the day before yomtov and thought those signs were VERY bizarre. A ton of the same signs, some with different wording, plastered over the entire wall behind the cashier. I attributed it to past bad experiences and being taken advantage of. But still I felt it was weird and rude. Oh well. Whatever works for them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics