Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ELIZABETH,NJ

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 7:26 pm
Please tell me a bout the community. Is it welcoming? are the houses affordable? My kids range from 5-15 years. We are a bais yaakov type family, but very open minded. We need a change from where we r4.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:02 pm
Elizabeth us a great town. There are two parts, Elizabeth proper and hills use area. The community is marketed as a modern Torah town It is frum but definitely open to all types of Jews. We have a few shtreimels. A couple more black hats and people with Kippah srugh and all in between. Everyone is friends and talks to each other. School is coed till I think third grade and then boys and girls are separated.
A really warm community. Look at thejec.org for the official website.

Housing prices are very reasonable and some great house on the market now.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 9:10 pm
Elizabeth and the nearby town Hillside are welcoming. Down to earth people, what you see is what you get. Not materialistic for the most part. Hillside has more younger families and Elizabeth has more older families but you'll find each in both towns. Most send their kids to JEC. the school and the community are not "bais yaakov" so it might not fit the bill for you. JEC is coed until 4th grade and then boys and girls are in separate classes but in the same building. Very few black hats. It's lwmo to rwmo and just plain frum.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:45 pm
I went to bruriah (starts in 7th grade) and it is far from mo. If anything it's jpf/modern yeshivish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating