Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Has anyone bought a foreclosure?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 10:50 pm
I have recently been looking into buying foreclosures as the neighborhood DH and I are looking at is higher than we can afford. We love the area but would rather not spend that much on a house. there are many foreclosures in the area. I was wondering if anyone has info with buying a foreclosure?
How much below price did you get it for? I also heard it sometimes takes months for the bank to get back to you. And did you have any trouble with the people previously living there who were foreclosed on?

Any info is welcome!

mommyfirst

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 7:29 pm
Did you ever get more info on this ? Looking into the same ...

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 7:50 pm
We purchased a foreclosure almost one year ago in NNJ. What info would you like?

mommyfirst

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 8:55 pm
Did you end up saving a lot? Were there hidden fees,costs etc? Did the family being foreclosed upon give you trouble? Overall how happy were you that u bought a foreclosure versus regular sale? Thanks !!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 9:24 pm
We bought a foreclosure - paid about $40,000 less than the home's value.
It took us about 4 months to close and it would have taken longer if I didn't call and harass the bank every other day.
Our home was empty for more than a year when we bought it, so no trouble with anyone living in it. And we were b"h lucky that there was no damage or vandalism to the home - something very common with foreclosed homes.
We have been so lucky b"h with no major problems in almost five years - but I would advise that you have an extremely reputable home inspector inspect the home so you know of any potential problems.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:31 pm
We bought a foreclosure about 6 years ago. House had been vacant for about 5 years prior. Closed in about 60 days no major issues bh. The house was gross but we knew that when we purchased and got a great deal bh

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 10:51 pm
Usually when you purchase a foreclosure it is already owned by the bank so you have zero contact with the home owners.

We saved about $55,000+ on our home. And about $100,000 below zillow value.

Issues. In my town the seller is responsible for passing the town inspection which means fixing any issues that are bot up to code. In a foreclosure this is the responsibility of the buyer. Even though we had an amazing inspection, things crop up. We spent a lot bringing the home up to code.

Overall we saved a ton and we have a great home in a great area. The house was very very neglected but had been minimally cosmetically fixed, such as paint and siding. We have to make a lot of urgent repairs and improvements, but that comes with many homes.

We couldn't have afforded a home of this size had it not been a foreclosure. We feel very lucky.

gande

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 11:22 pm
I dont mean to hijack the thread but from were did about the foreclosure ?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 25 2015, 11:25 pm
Our foreclosure was already listed with a Broker on the MLS. So it was like any other home until you read the details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating