Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cherry Hill NJ Orthodox Community

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 12:17 pm
I've been looking at affordable places to live in NJ and so far Cherry Hills seems affordable for us (we would be renting first). However, first my husband would have to find a job closer to that area because he wouldn't be able to drive each day to the Bronx (we currently live in NYC).

I'm just curious if anyone knows the area of Cherry Hill. How's the orthodox community over there ? any jewish schools? kosher foods? is the neighborhood safe and friendly for young families?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 12:54 pm
I live there. There are two sides east and west. West side is more frum but east is growing and the houses are much nicer. There is a Chinese place, pizza, bagel store and two shop rite kosher experiences.

I'm not sure how frum you are or if you have kids but there are two jewish day schools and a kollel. A lot of people also travel to Philly for school and food. I personally go to lakewood for certain things it's under an hour away.

We have eruvs and two mikvas.

I would suggest you call the local shuls and arrange a shabbos stay. Personally, I'm from NY and moved down here and am really happy. It's a really nice life and you are still close enough to everything.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 1:12 pm
OP here.

I have two kids they're both toddlers so they'd need to go to a day care/preschool. I'm not sure how much the jewish schools cost in Cherry Hill. In NYC it's too expensive for us to afford since right now my husband is the only one working. So if we won't be able to afford a jewish school, they'd have to be in a public school, but it would have to be a good school, so how are the public schools in cherry hill as well?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I have two kids they're both toddlers so they'd need to go to a day care/preschool. I'm not sure how much the jewish schools cost in Cherry Hill. In NYC it's too expensive for us to afford since right now my husband is the only one working. So if we won't be able to afford a jewish school, they'd have to be in a public school, but it would have to be a good school, so how are the public schools in cherry hill as well?

The public schools are great here and a lot of "chabad" kids go. I don't have kids old enough for school yet but I'm pretty sure they are reasonable as I've never heard anyone complain. The orthodox school is politz and the conservadox one is Kellman you should contact them. There are also a few.reform and conservative pre schools.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 8:15 pm
All schools give tuition breaks. Many people send to jewish schools even when they can't afford it.
Also, if ur orthodox- please don't send to reform or conservative.

Good luck!!!!!!! Smile

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 9:05 pm
We once lived there a while back- moved because of job. You can PM me if you want further details. It is a very beautiful community- housing prices are great and everyone is very accepting of one another.

amother1223

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 9:16 am
where is the bagel store located? what hechsher? is it pas yisrael?

scrltfr

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:22 am
amother1223 wrote:
where is the bagel store located? what hechsher? is it pas yisrael?

It's on kings highway, cherry hill vaad. Not sure if pas yisroel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating