Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Taylor swift ...

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:12 pm
I thought I liked her before ... but I totally am in awe of her now ... she's on 60 minutes talking about how she was singing since she was so young & had a deal at 13 & walked off at 14 on her own & actually made it to fame because she wanted to be herself not someone else ... you go girly !!!

[many people didn't recognize that she writes her own music - plays & sings to it ... I always did & admired her for that]

I DO WHAT I WANT !!!

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:14 pm
good for her, but I still can't understand the appeal. I've heard a couple of songs, and the lyrics are really juvenile. can you recommend one of her songs for me to listen to that is a little more intelligent? I've been trying to figure out why she is held in such esteem. and yes, I knew she writes her own songs.

and the mom in me keeps wanting to tell her to stand up straight, she'd be even prettier...

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:18 pm
I love her music! I will admit that the lyrics are more pop style and not especially substantial. But the music is good, the songs are catchy, and her voice is nice. I like that she's a singer songwriter, even if there doesn't seem to be much depth to her music. It's just simple and easy to relate to.

jaysmom

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:19 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
good for her, but I still can't understand the appeal. I've heard a couple of songs, and the lyrics are really juvenile. can you recommend one of her songs for me to listen to that is a little more intelligent? I've been trying to figure out why she is held in such esteem. and yes, I knew she writes her own songs.

and the mom in me keeps wanting to tell her to stand up straight, she'd be even prettier...

Try listening to "we are never getting back together"

On a more serious note, I like "eyes open"

Zehava

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:24 pm
I hate her lipstick

jaysmom

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:27 pm
Zehava wrote:
I hate her lipstick

I wish I could pull off red like she does.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:39 pm
jaysmom wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:

Try listening to "we are never getting back together"

On a more serious note, I like "eyes open"

I'm sorry, isn't that "we are never EVER getting back together?" I think I heard that one. juvenile. she sounds like a sulky teenager.

I'll try "eyes open."

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:44 pm
Here's a great performance of "Red" on Ellen http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dk_fNeHfg6E

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:46 pm
OMG she wrote songs when she was younger than 13 & became famous for her writing - juvenile she was ... are you going to condemn her for her age ???

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:48 pm
ok, I just listened to "eyes open." meh. next. I suspect I will just always sense youth trying to write something profound. actually, the words were not so bad in that one, but I found the tune grating.

she sings well, and she's pretty. it's nice that she writes her own stuff, but I'm not seeing talent in that area.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:54 pm
greenfire wrote:
OMG she wrote songs when she was younger than 13 & became famous for her writing - juvenile she was ... are you going to condemn her for her age ???

who's condemning? I'm just trying to understand the craze. she's a good singer, so that makes sense. I just don't understand why she's such a phenomenon. there are plenty of good singers out there. the only reason I can think of for her becoming so famous is that there are just no truly talented lyricists out there these days. I'm starting to think that's true.

too bad simon and garfunkel broke up...

Happy18

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:56 pm
I think its great that she is so successful at such a young age.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:00 pm
I can't stand her or her music. It annoys me that she jumps on every high profile guy that crosses her path. ugh! and I think her music is very teeny bopper also. meh.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:34 pm
I once read an interview with her, and she said that it usually takes her between 20-60 minutes to write a song!

I'm amazed.

I can hardly clean my kitchen in that amount of time!

glamourmom

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:24 pm
from her new album I love "22" and "you were trouble". not sure I get the meaning of either one but gr8 songs.....

ice coffee

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:57 pm
Was just reading this thread. Anyone watch her Grammy performance of "all too well" ? I love that

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:10 pm

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cookie Monster

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:17 pm
And I thought Greenie's back! So much for bumping up old threads. Oh well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics