Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Help me out please

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 4:57 pm
My son is getting engaged on Thursday and his kallah's birthday is on Friday-the day after they get engaged! What can he get her for her birthday? Nothing too personal but something nice and thoughtful. Also, am I supposed to get something for her too? Any ideas? Thank you!

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:14 pm
What does she like? Engagements can be stressful so maybe something relaxing like a mani pedi, starbucks card or novel?

I always appreciate when people fund my small luxuries.

Dev80

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:24 pm
Can he take her out for a nice dinner? When they're official they can be spotted in public Smile. It's his kallah though, he should have some idea from their dating of something meaningful she would appreciate.

I don't think you have to get her anything but he definitely needs to recognize and celebrate the birthday!

If you do want to go that extra mile then something small is probably appropriate - a scarf, a gift card, a tehillim. Or you can use it as an opportunity to present her with something you were going to get for her anyway like a siddur or candlesticks (everyone has different standards so please don't be offended if those are not your something you were planning to give)

(almost) mazel tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics