Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Science

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 10:01 pm
Can anyone homeschoolers help me? My ds is in a cheder where science is non existant. He's 11 and interested to figure out how electricity works. Can you reccommend good books on the subject (if possible with a few experiments he can try out)?
Also if there are other good science books that would be interesting for a child to read on his own about the human body, or the earth ?
Thanks for your help

SingALong

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 12:44 am
For the body book I got my kids the Jewish one. It's a basic overview of the human body, cells, muscle tissue, nervous system, digestive system...All the ones I looked at in barns and nobles had very graphic pics of reproductive system and my kids are too young for that.

I'd suggest going to the library and browsing through their books on electricity and earth, and other science topics. It's free, so you may as well try a few and see what you like. They have a whole section on these topics, I used to get some of these books for my kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling