Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
White noise machine?

Do you or have you used a white noise machine for your baby?
Yes  
 48%  [ 19 ]
No  
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

wife2

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:54 pm
Do you think it helps? Anyone read Dr Harvey Karp's book?
If you did it, was your baby dependent on it and had a hard time sleeping without it? Until what age did you use it until?

Rainbows613

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:39 am
When my sister in law did it for my nephew I thought she was nuts.. then I had my own kids and out of desperation downloaded an app of white noise from my phone! Defiantly kept me sane a few times when I couldn't settle them. They say it works till 3 months if you use it on and off.. Think it's also hard to wean a baby off it if it puts them to sleep every night...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:46 am
My kids are ages 5, 3, and 18 months. Been using it since my oldest was born and I simply love it!!!my children's are NOT dependent on it at all and have no problem falling asleep without it.

mandr

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:05 am
I don't use it. I used to have the fan on most nights in the summertime so I guess that provided some white noise, but my baby didn't depend on it.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:20 am
I used the white noise option from dds mobile toy. Then the fan.
Now I'm ordering a regular white noise machine for the nights and especially the mornings. You hear EVERYTHING in my bedroom and w winter coming and the fan bringing in cold air we are out of options.

Planing to use it when we get ready for bed and in the morning. Even the shower running makes a louder noise in the bedroom than in the bathroom! And it wakes dd up.

We won't keep it on all night and she wont fall asleep w that either...
My mil and bils and kids are addicted to it. CAN'T sleep w out it. I was hesitant to buy one for that reason.... will c how it goes.

suzyq

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:46 am
I use a noise machine for my baby. He isn't dependent on it - he naps at his babysitter without it just fine. We just found it helps him not wake up with the outside noises that go on during the night (we walk by his bedroom and he used to wake up when he heard us sometimes).

asd3

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:50 am
My kids use it for like five years since we had noisy downstairs neighbors and still use it even though were in our own house now because it relaxes them and helps them fall asleep. Even my eight year old still uses it because he likes it but they can definitely sleep without it. It drowns out outside noise and helps them sleep longer in the morning too. I use it sometimes too when I want to sleep and the kids are making a lot of noise

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 12:46 pm
Very addictive.
I wouldn't if at all possible
Plus brain needs quiet for ideal rest

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:17 pm
I use it on occasion when I need them to sleep through other distracting noises outside of the room. None of them are addicted to it. I use a children's tape too with no addiction :-)

carrot

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:03 pm
I don't know about addictive, but it's great for blocking out other noise that would otherwise distract or wake kids up. I like to use it myself if I am napping with kids in the house (with someone else taking care of them). This way I can just fall asleep and not here every little squeak and bang.

sunny90

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 3:30 am
I used it for my first til he was at least 1 and a quarter. It made things easier when he slept in our room, because we didn't have to worry about every whisper waking him up. But then he moved out and I was still using it as a sleep cue. It drove my husband crazy because we had to have it on the whole Shabbos. So when I had my second and he was like "NO WHITE NOISE" I just accepted it and moved the baby out of my room earlier.
I still use a fan in my current baby's room as a mild white noise. But no hard core machine anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics